cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retirement

One nice thing about retirement is you can get out of bed any time of the day you like......

And once you get up you can take the rest of the day off.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 143
latest reply
142 REPLIES 142

Re: Retirement

What happens if you both swing at the same ball at the same time?  Does it average out?

Cat Surprised

Charles

Message 136 of 143
latest reply

That could be called a "corn field" meet. Don't think the ball would go anywhere, and I'll bet it would hurt us both in the process.

Message 137 of 143
latest reply

Retirement can be educational.

Since I've been around the house, my wife says she has learned why my boss was such a grouch.

Smiley Tongue

Message 138 of 143
latest reply

I asked my wife, "What can I do to help around the house?"

She replied, "Ask for your old job back."

Message 139 of 143
latest reply

I said to my wife, "Why did you buy me a fishing rod for my retirement?  The nearest lake is 100 miles away."

She said, "You answered your own question."

Smiley Frustrated

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated
Message 140 of 143
latest reply

Retirement is like a second childhood.

My wife says things to me now that she used to say to the kids.

Smiley LOL

Message 141 of 143
latest reply

I think it is finally time for me to retire from this hobby of model railroading. It has been about two weeks since I visited the dungeon to do any work on the big layout and I haven't even found the energy to finish the new diorama. Now wat do I do with all this equipment? I could sell it here on eBay but the shipping cost from Canada to anywhere is so high that I would lose my shirt on the total transaction. You can't get the true shipping cost from buyers let alone the true value of the item itself here anymore. I will have to try to sell the stuff locally in a very small market or just throw it away. If any of you have any interest in narrow gauge O scale engines, all DCC and sound equipped, and rolling stock,  let me know.  The structures are too fragile to ship and will be used as firewood if I get no interest locally. The thrill is gone.

Message 142 of 143
latest reply

Pete,

Well I don't know about that.  You do amazing work, it would be nice to see more photos.

Anyway, how can you retire from being retired?  Smiley Tongue

Charles...

Message 143 of 143
latest reply