cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad eBay app has switched back to old "sell your item" process

Hi,

For several months, my iPad app has been letting me use the "advanced listing" form for selling my items.

However, yesterday, with no warning, it reverted back to the old mode from this time last year.

I did not install any updates, I did not tinker with any settings. All I did was charge my iPad overnight and when I woke up, it was like that.

Is there any way to get it to change to the newer listing mode? I can't find any leads anywhere.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: iPad eBay app has switched back to old "sell your item" process

I’m having this problem almost daily it seems. App keeps changing from one way of listing to another. Today I received an update at Apple app store. 5.21.1.1283. After the update my app reverted to the way it was 3 weeks ago. Yay, I like that version. Didn’t last long though, next time I opened it, it was back to the **bleep** version. I relisted about 8 items this evening. Browsing my sale items on the web a couple minutes later I saw every item I relisted also had best offer. I didn’t list them with best offer. Going back and looking at these items in the app, some had no accept high or low prices, but a few did and 1 had accept $4 for a listed item of $250!!!!! Please make the app persistent and anyone reading this, you may want to double check your listings in case the app decided to offer best offers for you. Had my $250 item sold for $4, I’d have really been upset.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: iPad eBay app has switched back to old "sell your item" process

I'm concerned with the eBay development process. First, change has been very slow for a company this size. Second, I've experienced problems too on the iPad with International Shipping. I'll set my item to International Shipping on the PC only to NOT see it on the iPad. If I make an update to the item on the iPad, it automatically updates International Shipping even though I did not touch it.

It seems that different people have different experiences without knowing. This is not consistent! If eBay wants to experiment, they should tell us and at least give the user control to turn features on/off.

They seem to do a poor job in testing. Every new release breaks something else.

I expect the iPad version to have every feature provided on the Internet version, but with better user experiences.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply