cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay app on Android won't load

Cannot use eBay app because of error type: 485320. EBay app won't load anything. Latest app downloaded from Google Play Store. Latest Google Android Pie OS on Google Pixel 3A XL phone. Please help. Thanks in advanced.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Same f'ing problem here! **bleep** eBay! 

Message 31 of 56
latest reply

Learned a lesson. NEVER accidentally sign out of the app! That is what started my problem. Obviously eBay has no idea how to fix the problem or they would have posted a VALID solution. Uninstalling and reinstalling is analogous to tech support telling you to "unplug and then plug back in your router". Based on the numerous reports, this problem is obviously much bigger than a simple fix.

Come on eBay! Get your heads out of your collective butts!

Message 32 of 56
latest reply

Simple solution.  Bag the app and use a computer!

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

Uninstalled app. Still won't work. 

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

Makes it much difficult to stay on top of business. I am a seller and I use the app to respond to customers quickly and efficiently. But thanks anyway.
Message 35 of 56
latest reply

But doesn't serve that need for you if it isn't working.

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

Exactly. But it worked perfectly just two days ago. And that is the point.
Message 37 of 56
latest reply

How is it this topic is marked solved .. the moderators must know something wrong with the app, they've stopped responding to this topic.  I'm hoping that means they're thinking seriously about getting ready to to tell their boss they screwed up an update and will needed to roll back.

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

Me too, same issue, app not working.

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

@nycityguy @blunite24 @superdavedll @percompllc @trene-n-josh 

Some steps to help with apps that will not allow sign in or loading:

- Perform all system updates on your device

- Uninstall the ebay app and then install the latest version of the ebay app 5.3x.x from Google Play

- If your device is on android 4.4 or lower we suggest you use www.ebay.com in the browser

If you have done all system updates and are on the latest android app version please contact us at androidhelp@ebay.com so we can further troubleshoot.

Message 40 of 56
latest reply

We have ALL tried these steps... The problem is server side with eBay.
Message 41 of 56
latest reply

Same problem. Uninstalled and Installed, turned on location services and... nothing
Message 42 of 56
latest reply

With 4.4.4 you "suggest" the browser?
Does your app support 4.4.4 or doesn't it?
On 4.4.4 my xt1080 will not update past 5.10.0.11
I don't understand why factory resetting this phone would cause your app to stop authenticating with your server?
I'm sure it's something to do with the accumulating Android updates that all got deleted when I did the factory reset. So what update an I missing?
Installing your app from 1.6.1.6 and manually installing each update to 5.10.0.11 didn't get it to work, so it's probably something missing in the operating system.
But I'm sure you already knew that, and are working on a fix.. unless you are no longer supporting Android 4.4.4 ?
Message 43 of 56
latest reply

@percompllc wrote:
We have ALL tried these steps... The problem is server side with eBay.

Please update to the latest Google Play services

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_US

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

@nogreaterlove wrote:

The version of the eBay app I'm using is 5.32.0.12. As I said I also tried everything and in every case it failed.

I tried restoring the App + Data from Titanium Backup initially and after the eBay app would just hang and not open.
I even tried a factory reset and a different ROM altogether and this didn't fix it either.
There has to be something unique with the eBay app, as no other apps I have had this problem.

I'm running Android 9, I never had issues while using 8.
Not sure if I can think of any other things to try.

Please install the latest Google Play services

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_US

Message 45 of 56
latest reply