cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the eBay app keep logging me out

Every time I open the eBay app on my iPhone now it constantly makes me log in. Is that normal? It didn’t used to do that and it’s getting very annoying having to enter my password 40 plus times a day I have tried everything to find a fix for this can someone please help?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Make sure you have the latest version of the eBay app.

Try clearing your cache and data and see if that makes any difference.

Some app issues can be dealt with by uninstalling the eBay app, restarting your device, then installing the latest version of the app. The restart in between should ensure a clean install.

If that does not help, try using a browser instead of the app until the issue is addressed.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for the instructions of uninstall > reboot > reinstall. Without the reboot in the middle, I was continuing to have this problem just by uninstalling/reinstalling.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You are very welcome -- glad to hear that worked!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Do you have any other fixes to try? This issue just started in the last month or two for me. I already tried deleting, restarting, and reinstalling. I’m on an iPhone using the most recent app version. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Do you have any other fixes to try? This issue just started in the last month or two for me. I already tried deleting, restarting, and reinstalling. I’m on an iPhone using the most recent app version. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Any luck with a different solution? I’m having the same issue and it’s extremely frustrating 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

What version number of the app are you using?

Are you able to stay signed in using a browser instead of the app?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I have the very latest version of the app, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled it with a reboot in between as suggested, and it still keeps asking me to re-sign in. 

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

🌷

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I have the very latest version of the app, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled it with a reboot in between as suggested, and it still keeps asking me to re-sign in.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

If you are using version 6.150.0.1 then the only other suggestion I can offer is to use a browser to reach ebay.com instead until the next update.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

The only thing that ended up working for me was turning off “2 step verification” under “Sign in and Security” on the app. I also have “Sign in with your eBay app” off. Hope that helps. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The only thing that ended up working for me was turning off “2 step verification” under “Sign in and Security” on the app. I also have “Sign in with your eBay app” off. Hope that helps. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I’m having this issue too for last month or 2. Just talked to support, they said it’s a known issue and are trying to resolve it. Somehow a bug developed. I thought it was a new feature for security. But found no way to disable it

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Ebay programmers just cant leave things alone. Every time they touch something it breaks and the sellers suffer. I am having the same issue and its frustrating trying to take and upload pictures pictures. When I go to upload a picture I pick from mobile. I go to my phone where I usually click on the notification then pick my pictures. But now it wants me to sign in again. So I have to go back to the computer and resend the notification. What a time waster and slows listing down. Love Ebay. Hate Ebay the company.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

How have they not fixed this? This must be part of the reason why sales have been almost non existent. I’m assuming buyers are being logged out their account every time they open the app as well. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply