cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User from China spam messaging me to complete transactions outside of eBay. No way to report?

Recently, about 3 AM this morning, a user messaged me about purchasing DVD’s in Bulk, made in China, from them outside of eBay. I literally did not realize that people would or could spam messages on eBay without being caught. I messaged back and said a firm No, and told them asking me to complete such a transaction is against eBay policy. I checked out their page. They are not just a random new user, they have almost 600 feedback, and are being promoted on eBay as a reputable seller. I attempted to report their message, but no such option was given. I attempted to contact eBay but no option was given to contact eBay regarding a fraudulent message. So I didn’t do anything. Now about 5 minutes ago, the person messaged me again, and is continuing to ask me if I want to buy Chinese DVD’s from them for cheap from their warehouse. Their eBay store is literally just selling stickers... it’s clearly a scam, and yet I have no way to report this to eBay. I assume I’m not the only one this seller is messaging trying to reel into their scam. What should I do? Call eBay? I blocked them as a buyer already, yet they can still message me apparently. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

User from China spam messaging me to complete transactions outside of eBay. No way to report?

@mediatradelancaster   Use the Help and Contact link at the bottom of the page, there is a path to request a call back, do that then report them to a live person when they call you.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 2
latest reply