Update

When I try to log in to ebay,it says it needs an update,there is no update

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update

@jmefo4 @vintagecoast2coast 

This should be working better now. Please visit google play, uninstall the ebay app, reboot your phone and then reinstall the app.

Thanks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Update

What version of the eBay app are you using, and what is your operating system version?

See here about getting the latest app version for your OS:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/Android-app-not-supported-on-older-systems/td-p/306...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Update

That info on the link is not helpful. 

I'm having the same problem. Wasn't hearing "cha-ching" anymore so I Uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking it'd update and solve the issue. Now, however, the eBay App will not open at all. Every time I attempt to open it, I get "We are sorry but this version of the app is no longer supported. Please take a moment to update to the latest version." I click Update only to have Google Play open again. This cycle has continued through uninstalls, clearing of Google Services and Store caches, reinstalls, checking permissions, etc.
I have a Galaxy s6. eBay version 5.38.0.14 even though I've read the latest version is 5.39.013.
Google Play Services versions 20.1.04 and Play Store 18.6.33
Super irritated. I could live without the Cha-ching and wish I hadn't uninstalled what WAS working on my phone.
I load photos from my phone so this is a big problem. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Update

@vintagecoast2coast 

You have a very old version of the eBay app.

Try updating Google Play Services (21.02.14), Google Play Store (24.0.32-21), and then the eBay app (6.11.0.9).

See here:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Update

I have both of those Google versions. However, when I download eBay from Google Play, it is Version 5.38.0.14 from October 29, 2019.  This is the version that's giving me the error. How do I find the lastest version to download?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Update

What version of Android are you using?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Update

@vintagecoast2coast 

Thanks for reporting this. For some reason Google is serving out an older version for some people. We are looking into this and will hopefully have an answer soon.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Update

@jmefo4 @vintagecoast2coast 

This should be working better now. Please visit google play, uninstall the ebay app, reboot your phone and then reinstall the app.

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Update

Still not working on my wife's Lenovo tablet......help she can't live without it

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Update

@roybriscoe60 

Still not working on my wife's Lenovo tablet...

What version number of the eBay app is she using?

Has she tried uninstalling the eBay app, restarting, and installing the latest version again?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Update

I'm having this problem now. Why can't you just allow us to download the latest version of the stupid app at ebay.com????? I guess you don't want my money anymore, jerks.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Update

The latest Android version of the eBay app can be found here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ebay.mobile

Not sure if the latest version is compatible with Android 6 or not.

For my phone, it says that Android 9 or later is required.

If you are unable to use the latest version of the app, try using a browser to go to ebay.com instead.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply