cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO .. WHAT'S THE REASON FOR THE FORCED UPDATE ?

I would like to know and I'm quite sure an awful lot of other sellers and buyers would as well . 

Just why did ebay force the new and very poor app update on us  ? 

The old one worked fine on both new and older phones  ,  what harm did it do to ebay or its users by letting it go on and on ..   I would really really like to know . 

Forcing something on people who spend an awful lot of money with you  is in very bad taste and terrible business practice .  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Fully agree.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

probably because it didnt allow them to force tons of sponserd (paid) marketing, ads and other usless **bleep** on to us.
Have you noticed, big companys arent satisfied with you just buying something.
They try and sell you tons of other useless **bleep** at the same time.
I guess you can some it up inone word - GREED.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Still wating for a response from ebay regarding this .  

Why are you behaving like a communist regime  and banning users from using the only version of the app that actually works well.   Version 3 should of been left for those who wished to use it . 

Can you imagine the outcry if Microsoft had stopped everyone's Windows 7 from running suddenly  and forced the Windows 10 update and made people use it !   

That would be disgusting behaviour , but it's exactly what ebay have done . 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

But now they can report that 100% of their user base "embraced" the new app.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I miss the visual condirmation on the purchased items list that showed you clearly the feedback and delivery  status of each item  using the small icons. 

Each line now space is taken up by a huge photo and cannot see the status of delivery or feedback anymore. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The original has been working on my Samsung Tablet for years.  The forced update is "not compatible with your device".  Therefore - forced update has just stopped me using Ebay!  Ridiculous!  How nuts os that - talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The original has been working on my Samsung Tablet for years.  The forced update is "not compatible with your device".  Therefore - forced update has just stopped me using Ebay!  Ridiculous!  How nuts os that - talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

So angry ! Old version 3 point something was perfect! I could see about 12 watched items on one page without a bunch of bothersome stuff. I hate the new update! Hate! Watched items do not even update price changes unless you click on item. What a disaster and as if we all don't have enough bad things going on without ruining our fun and business.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply