cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture search stopped working

I’ve never had a problem, taking a picture to search for an item on eBay. But the last few days every time I snap a picture to search for a item only unrelated items come up. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@bowe-603 

Image searches seem to still be working for me when sorting by "Best Match".

If you are already sorting by "Best Match", try changing the sort order to something else, view the results, then change it back to "Best Match".

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for your response. Best match is the only option it gives me to sort when doing a image search. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I’m having the exact same problem and that’s why I’m here browsing the latest eBay community posts- in hopes to find a solution! I’ve been hoping it would be corrected by eBay and start working correctly again, but it’s been a few days and still the same. 

I only have the “best match” sorting option when I search by picture as well. 

over the last few days I’ve restarted the app several times, restarted my phone several times, made sure my iPhone software was up to date, even deleted the app, restarted the phone, redownloaded the app, restarted the phone, made sure app settings were correct, and image search is still not working correctly. Pulling up a bunch of random things that don’t have anything to do with the photo I searched. 

really desperate for a solution here. 🙂

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

You may have to temporarily disable "Lockable filters" to see other filter options or to get good image search results.

Apparently, even though image search appears to be defaulting to "Best Match", if you have lockable filters enabled and you have chosen a different sort order and locked that in, your image searches will not actually show you "Best Match" results.

@mobile_feedback 

@bowe-603 

@bdu-34 

@jill0613 

Lockable filters seem to be conflicting with image search in the most recent app updates.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Very frustrating! Hopefully eBay will see this and contact us with a solution. I couldn’t find where to message eBay directly. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Same problem here, please post if you find a solution!! Thanks!

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I don’t have lockable filters enabled and I didn’t and don’t have any filters set. Are there any other possible causes that you can think of? Thank you, I appreciate your help very much!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I agree! Thank you so much for making this post. I really hope they see this too and are able to fix this quick! It’s making my listing some things much more difficult and time consuming. Some things I’m just not listing until I can do the photo search again. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

There is always google lens but I prefer eBay image search as it gets me directly to eBay pricing. Hopefully it will be fixed soon enough but at least I can still default to google lens and replacements .com image searches 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I don’t have lockable filters enabled and I didn’t and don’t have any filters set.

Sometimes an app update alters your settings; perhaps an update has left some setting in an indeterminate state.

From your general keyword search results, try enabling lockable filters in the Filter customize menu, setting a new sort order, locking it in using the padlock icon, then going back to the Filter customize menu and disabling lockable filters again. Then try an image search.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@bowe-603 wrote:

I’ve never had a problem, taking a picture to search for an item on eBay. But the last few days every time I snap a picture to search for a item only unrelated items come up. 

Hey @bowe-603! Our Product team reached out and they want to help out on this! Can you share a photo that you were using for the image search? 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

If it helps here’s just one of the several that I’ve tried as well. 

IMG_1102.jpeg

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I tried this process a few different times just to make sure- and restarted my app and phone after the first two failed attempts and tried again, but unfortunately it didn’t fix the image search issue. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Not quite sure how to post the photo

Message 15 of 20
latest reply