cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to filter by Condition is gone?

It seems like my app updated and I’m no longer able to filter items by the old Condition dropdown of New/Used/Unspecified — anyone else seeing this? Disappointing if that’s functionality Ebay is taking away from users.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Same here and it’s infuriating! 

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

I am experiencing the same and it’s both disappointing and infuriating. I have enjoyed seeing eBay’s marketing campaign and recent collaborations but removing the function to filter between used, new (other) and new items is frustrating and not inline with eBay’s stance on promoting sustainable shopping. I hope they bring it back 

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

I thought I was going crazy just now! I’m sure they’ll fix it even if it was intentional if everyone is so upset— I think it def sucks! 

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

It has been missing on some searches for a few days.....makes ebay unusable for me. Ebay is flooded with new stuff I don't want so searching is impossible without condition filter. One of several very poor judgement calls recently....ebay need to sack some people.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

I can imagine a 30 year old genius deciding its a way to boost sales of new stuff.  Ebay just blunders these days.....virtually impossible to shop internationally anymore from UK because they messed up on VAT. 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Yep same here, gone from the app. If they don’t fix gonna make it tough on resellers. 

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

My thoughts exactly ! Not a glitch…but an attempt to increase sales in overlooked or avoided conditions 

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

My thoughts exactly ! I don’t believe it’s  a glitch…but an intentional attempt to increase sales in overlooked or avoided conditions 

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Makes you wonder of this is on purpose to keep sellers on top. Dev dropping this on accident seems highly unlikely 

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

I also have this issue on the iOS app. I almost exclusively use eBay for used items and without the ability to filter out the cheap Chinese rubbish imitations of the genuine used items I am looking for the app is now useless. Looks like this is eBay deliberately pushing people towards new product. Nope!

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

For what it's worth..

I just spoke to eBay's customer service and the said that they are aware of  a glitch in the system and that it should be resolved within 48 hours.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Sounds like you got the usual generic solution they give to get you to hang up the phone without actually fixing your issue

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

Same for me. I use that constantly. Can’t use the app without that feature. 

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

I just checked again and have condition filters back in the Android app version 6.79.0.1. So hopefully they've fixed the issue. 🤞

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

@juol5711 wrote:

It seems like my app updated and I’m no longer able to filter items by the old Condition dropdown of New/Used/Unspecified — anyone else seeing this? Disappointing if that’s functionality Ebay is taking away from users.

Hi @juol5711. This ALERT14170 was resolved a few hours ago. Would you mind restarting your app, and letting me know if it's working properly? Thanks!

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 30 of 38
latest reply