cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages forced into Portrait mode

Hello

Since the latest awful update  , while on my tablet and looking at ebay messages I am forced to turn my tablet on its side  to read them  ,  they used to  show either way  in landscape  or portrait . 

I didn't think you could ruin the app further , but you have succeeded  once again . 

Please change it back 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@elektricplum

Thank you for the report. We will look into why this is happening. Can you let us know what kind of tablet and version of Android you using?

Thank you

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hello

I am using a Samsung Galaxy  Tab S 10. 1    SM-T800   tablet  running Android  6.0.1  

Thank you . 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Still not fixed .   But then again I didn't  really expect you to  🙄

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

And still not fixed .  Useless. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Peeved at the least Dear eBay. Your more interested in 'suggestions'  of what I want to buy.. than making my use of your app Not Frustrating. 

In last few days I have no choice but to partially navigate in portrait mode.  All eBay and tech employees should be forced to watch any and all media in portrait mode. 

Please serve your customers! 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Still not fixed .

If you can't even fix this issue .....  I doubt you can ever improve the app  !!!!

Useless 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Normally it wouldn't bother me. However the fact the messages tab was in landscape before recent updates and an update from past few broke it. With it having not being easily fixed is annoying.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Dear Ebay

I also have the same problem which is very frustrating. I use my Tablet in Landscape mode almost 100% of the time so is annoying when I have to change the orientation of the tablet in the cover just to read messages.

Please sort this issue. I have an Huawei MediaPad running Oreo. I also have a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 also running V8 and another phone running V5.1. All have the same problem of messages going to portrait mode and can't be changed.

Another annoying problem is that you cannot set preferences as to how results of searches are shown. You should be able to set filter preferences that you want most of the time, not what Ebay want me to see.

I don't suppose Ebay will do anything about this because they want to show what they want not what I want to see.

I've also started to have many more issues with suppliers not in the UK who are not sending correct items or are poor quality or don't arrive. Ebay should vet their suppliers more stringently and get rid of those that persistently breach the rules. It almost seems that Ebay doesn't want to get rid of them because they will lose revenue from them.

Many Thanks

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I hadn't realised that the previous posts were from last year!! I cannot believe that this issue is still going on almost 12 months since being raised.

Ebay, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Most businesses would go to the wall if they didn't sort issues out in this timescale.

Do you care? An answer and explanation would be appreciated.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Had to roll back to 5.18.1.2 for Samsung Tab A 10.5 on Oreo 8 to get Landscape back. Don't know what was lost from 5.35.x functionality. Looks OK so far for buyer, selling can't say.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply