cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Search/Barcode Scan

Hello, yesterday when there was only an option for barcode scan in the search field things were running a lot smoother.  Just tap the barcode icon and scan.   Now having to tap on the camera icon and pick the barcode scan every time from the list at the bottom of the screen introduces an unnecessary step to the process when you are trying to go through numerous items.  Sometimes I have to tap it 3 or 4 times before I can finally get into barcode scan.

So please return the barcode scan icon to the search field and place it next to the image search and mic icons or provide an option in the settings to be able to disable either one.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@sergj23

Thank you for the feedback here. This is being passed along and we will look to make improvements to make it easier to barcode and image search.

We really appreciate this.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Any update on progress? Even with a large hand, trying to reach barcode scan on a 5.5" phone screen with your thumb is impossible and introduces risk of dropping it while trying to scan an item in the other hand.

Please expedite to something better or revert to how it was before.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

1) I never had success in locating a product using the image scan even when I was looking only for a book.

2) I agree that the barcode scan of the older app was easier because it required only one click. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Almost 3 months and still no change or improvement....
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@anthemshop247 @sergj23

Yes, there have not been any updates. Look for updates later in the year.

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just curious as to why image search was deleted?, I’m probably in the minority, but I do a lot of antique selling, I made a good side income taking pics at garage sales and finding out what it sells for.  90% of the things I sell do not have bar codes, so looks like that method is no longer supported? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply