cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint sign on does not work

I have been having this problem for a long time. When eBay asks me to sign in with fingerprint, I provide it and it accepts it with green check mark. Then after a few seconds, it says "We ran into a problem. Please try again later."

I didn't report it to now because I could cancel the fingerprint sign in and enter with my username and password. But now I saw that many other users have had the same problem. Many of those threads are unanswered for a long time, and those answered are closed. So I'm posting a new thread.

My current phone is Google Pixel XL with Android P. But prefer I've had the problem with my previous phones too.

When will this be fixed?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fingerprint sign on does not work

The solution that worked for me:

Called customer service, and they said that there must be a problem with the fingerprint. So I should delete the fingerprint and try again. I was not sure what they meant - I assumed there must be a separate fingerprint to be stored in the app, which I could delete. So:

1. I turned off the fingerprint sign-on setting and signed off
  2. Logged back in and set the fingerprint option on. I was expecting that it would ask for a new fingerprint but it didn't
  3. I signed out, then tried to sign back in
  4. It asked for my fingerprint. I touched the sensor, it recognized it a the green check mark, and I expected it to fail just like always
  5. But this time it worked! It accepted my phone's stored fingerprint

I guess when the app is loaded on a mobile for the first time, we need to go through these steps to make it work. Sounds like glitch that they should fix, but this is the workaround, at least for me.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The solution that worked for me:

Called customer service, and they said that there must be a problem with the fingerprint. So I should delete the fingerprint and try again. I was not sure what they meant - I assumed there must be a separate fingerprint to be stored in the app, which I could delete. So:

1. I turned off the fingerprint sign-on setting and signed off
  2. Logged back in and set the fingerprint option on. I was expecting that it would ask for a new fingerprint but it didn't
  3. I signed out, then tried to sign back in
  4. It asked for my fingerprint. I touched the sensor, it recognized it a the green check mark, and I expected it to fail just like always
  5. But this time it worked! It accepted my phone's stored fingerprint

I guess when the app is loaded on a mobile for the first time, we need to go through these steps to make it work. Sounds like glitch that they should fix, but this is the workaround, at least for me.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Worked for me, Thank you!!!!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

tnx
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This has been driving me crazy! This super simple fix worked for me, THANK YOU!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Worked for me.

I appreciate your simple solution to a real headache.

You'd think ebay would have come up with the solution but...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply