cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get sold notifications on iPhone 12 (2023)

I have tried everything. I can’t get the cha-ching notification anymore presumably after a recent eBay app update. I do get other notifications like when an item I’m watching ends soon. I have sold listing notifications turned on through the app, I have deleted and reinstalled the app and logged back in. I’m completely out of ideas, can someone help?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Do you hear the Cha-ching sound when you use the diagnostic tool at the bottom of the Settings: Notifications?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don’t see anything like that anywhere in settings or notifications.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It is possible that there are differences between the Android version which I am using and the iOS version.

If I use the My eBay icon at the bottom of the main screen, scroll down to Settings, and then select Notifications, if I scroll down to the bottom of the Notifications screen I see a "Diagnose Notifications" tool which tests notifications and indicates which settings are preventing notifications.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I’m having the same issue as you. I’m on iOS. Tried reinstalling the app. Only watched items are getting alerts 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Figure it out by chance yet?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Unfortunately, the recent eBay app update seems to have caused issues with the cha-ching notification for many users, including you. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you can try.

Fix eBay Cha-Ching Notification:
Force quit the app.
Check app notification settings for "Sold Listings".
Clear app cache and data (log out and back in required).
Check for known eBay issues.
Contact eBay Support if nothing else works.
Update your device's software and try the website.

SMLT
Message 7 of 7
latest reply