cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't bid on ebay app at the last minute

Hi,

I have a problem with ebay app.

In the ebay app on my phone, I can't place a last minute bid. I get a black screen and the current auction bid is displayed. There is no possibility to enter the amount and the confirmation button! Any other time I can place a bet.

Regards,

Alex

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I'm having the same problem. Missed out on several items I'd been watching for days. Incredibly frustrating seeing them sell without the ability to bid.

The app lets me enter a bid but after hitting "review bid" I get a blank screen except for the current bid amount and countdown timer. The item title, bid amount I've entered and "confirm bid" button are all missing.

I've done everything I can with my phone short of factory resetting it! Tried a different phone and am having the same problem so it's not the phone.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Same here, no confirm bid button. I thought it only happened when trying to bid on auctions in their last 30 seconds but it's more haphazard than that. It sometimes happens when there's still minutes to go before the auction ends. 😠

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Are you able to place a bid using a browser?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hello! The mobile team is aware and looking into a fix. Keep an eye out for the upcoming update. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Same problem here. Appreciate a timely fix.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Issue still persists, just lost out on an item I wanted to bid on. Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

If you are using the eBay app and having problems, try bidding using a browser.

If eBay browser links automatically open in the eBay app, you may have to change that setting. iOS users can tap and hold a browser link to change the default behavior; Android users need to go through device Settings: Apps: eBay: Open by default: Open supported links and change that to "Don't allow app to open links".

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Through the browser everything works, but only on a personal computer. On the phone, the browser launches the application.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. 

I've deleted the cache and even tried re-installing, without success, especially when those items you've been watching are unsold or I had a realistic chance of winning. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@min_alex

See the message just before yours for how to deal with links being opened in the app.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I've signed in to EBay using Chrome, saving my password.

Then through the 3 vertical dots at the top right hand corner, saved the app to home the Home Screen.

This will work until the EBay team can find and TEST the resolution. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have same problem...lost some bids I really needed...Grrrrrrr ebay...

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I have same problem...lost some bids I really needed...Grrrrrrr ebay..

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Still broken and can't make bids on mobil when time is expiring 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply