cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer search within sellers store

Hello, 

Before the last update you used to be able to search within a sellers store for something by typing next to the sellers name in the search bar.

It seems I can no longer do this and have to scroll through hundreds of a sellers items to find what I'm looking for. 

The "view sellers other items"  button is missing.

Am I missing something here or is this feature no longer available in the app?

Also I can't use the desktop version from my mobile anymore without it automatically switching to the frustrating app.

I wish I could go back to the older version

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rky30l 

If you are using a desktop browser (or a mobile browser in desktop mode) you should be able to search a seller's store using the search bar. The "seller's other items" link should be in every item listing on the right side in the seller info section.

If you are using the eBay app, you should also be able to search a seller's items for a widget using the following search:

seller:rky30l widget

Substitute the seller's username for your own.

"Visit seller's store" is a new addition to the eBay app; you can still find the "Items for sale" link by opening the "About this seller" section, which should allow you to "search within" the seller's items using the search bar.

To keep eBay links in a browser from automatically opening in the eBay app, using the device settings manager, under Settings: Apps: eBay: Open by default -- there is a setting called "Open supported links" holding that down gives three choices: "Open in this app" "Ask every time" and "Don't open in this app". Choose "Don't open in this app".

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@rky30l 

If you are using a desktop browser (or a mobile browser in desktop mode) you should be able to search a seller's store using the search bar. The "seller's other items" link should be in every item listing on the right side in the seller info section.

If you are using the eBay app, you should also be able to search a seller's items for a widget using the following search:

seller:rky30l widget

Substitute the seller's username for your own.

"Visit seller's store" is a new addition to the eBay app; you can still find the "Items for sale" link by opening the "About this seller" section, which should allow you to "search within" the seller's items using the search bar.

To keep eBay links in a browser from automatically opening in the eBay app, using the device settings manager, under Settings: Apps: eBay: Open by default -- there is a setting called "Open supported links" holding that down gives three choices: "Open in this app" "Ask every time" and "Don't open in this app". Choose "Don't open in this app".

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@eburtonlab

Thank you very much for your reply, you have been very helpful.

To clarify, it was desktop mode on a mobile that kept switching to the app and the "open by default" setting was indeed the culprit.

It was the "visit sellers store" button that was throwing me, and yes I can search within the sellers items from the "about this seller" section.

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You are most welcome -- having eBay links suddenly open in the eBay app can be very confusing; it took me quite a while to figure out what was going on when it began happening on my phone.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That is a very annoying way to do it within the ebay app its self. As you cannot copy the seller name, so you have to write it  down and then type it in. So annoying that is the only way to do it with in the app. I hope ebay updates this very soon.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@nerd_culture 

As you cannot copy the seller name, so you have to write it down and then type it in.

If you start from one of the seller's listings, you can use the link to the seller's other items.

You only need to type in the seller's name if you cannot find a listing to start with, and all you know is the seller's username.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply