cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not supported on older systems

If you have been notified that your eBay app is no longer supported here are some steps to get the latest version onto your device. To get the most up to date version you need to have Android 6 or higher on your device.

Android 6 and up get the latest version from the Google Play store

Android 5 get an older version from the Google Play store and we recommend you upgrade your system to Android 5.1.1.

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

If there are difficulties getting the update to download please try the following:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Thank you

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

The app is working, but the back/home/switch buttons are hidden and I cannot get them back, tried swiping in from all sides. Unable to even go back to search results. Only way to get out is to force close.

Android is 7.1.1, your app is 6.9.5.7, tablet is Lenovo Yoga. The same version of your app works fine on Android 9, but I have 'do not hide home buttons' turned on all the time. No such option on Android 7 exists.

This was working correctly up until fairly recently (last few months).

Message 106 of 142
latest reply

Restart your tool, then reinstall the modern day model of the applink  on your OS from the Google Play Store.

Message 107 of 142
latest reply

My device is running on Android  version 10

Message 108 of 142
latest reply

why did i know it was going to be a google nightmare  bulling their way into your life.

" what can we do to make doing business easier for you and make it possible for you to hire more people?" -Mitt Romney 6-19-12
Message 109 of 142
latest reply

I just today bought and fresh installed the eBay App on a Samsung A7 tablet. The tablet is fully updated to:

Android 11

Google Play System Update May 1, 2021

I also updated Google Play Store and Google Play Services (plus I did a Cache/Data delete) to the latest versions.

And STILL it says “We are sorry but this version of the app is no longer supported. Please take a moment to update to the latest version”.

Note that the time and date solution suggested in other threads does not solve this problem. *Nothing* solves the problem. I know I could use the browser version of eBay, but what’s the point of buying a brand-new tablet if I can’t use the native eBay app??

Please advise. Thank you very much.

Message 110 of 142
latest reply

franven_4123
Scout

I trying, but i can't update

Message 111 of 142
latest reply

i think so bro

Message 112 of 142
latest reply

Can you help me now?

Message 113 of 142
latest reply

I think I found the problem, but it’s something I cannot fix. For some reason, my Google Play Store carries the eBay app from December 2020. I noticed that it is currently from June 24 2021. Why is the latest app not propagating correctly in my Google Play Store?

If a moderator is reading this, please help me. Thanks!

Message 114 of 142
latest reply

New devices often have old versions of Google Play Services and Google Play Store, which can prevent you from actually getting the latest version of the eBay app.

Make sure you have the latest versions of Google Play Services (21.21.16) & Google Play Store (25.9.19-21). If not, follow the directions here:

Message 115 of 142
latest reply

What a load of horse**bleep**. Google etc can suck a dick. Quit interfering in people's **bleep**

Message 116 of 142
latest reply

Google play  21.24.18

Google play services 6.16

Google play store 26.2.21 - 21

Ebay 5.38.0.14

Still unable to run the app.

Error message is We are sorry but this version of the app is no longer supported. Please take a moment to update to the latest version.  

When I press update I see that I have the latest version. What's the problem?

Message 117 of 142
latest reply

@expertika_bulgaria 

You have current Google Play Services and Google Play Store, but the latest version of the eBay app is 6.22.0.2.

Try clearing your cache and data for Google Play Services and Google Play Store using the directions in parts 2 & 3 here:

Message 118 of 142
latest reply

When iv done cache clearing ther is no ebay app for install in Google play store. 

Message 119 of 142
latest reply

What version of Android do you have?

If Android 6 or later, try uninstalling the eBay app, restarting your device and then getting the latest version from Google Play Store.

Message 120 of 142
latest reply