cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobile app says I’ve “exceeded this function “ and not allowing me to sign in.

Yesterday when trying to log into Ebay mobile app, message said “you’ve exceeded the daily limit so access for this individual function will be denied for the rest of the day, please try later.

it’s the next day, same message, I can access my account from someone else’s phone, not mine. I have shipping labels to print . I’ve tried uninstalling & reinstalling, updating my phone, using cellular data for log in- same message. There’s no one to speak to at Ebay, automated help says dowlnload app and create an account or log in to your existing account. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

My mobile app says I’ve “exceeded this function “ and not allowing me to sign in.

The fact that you can sign in using another device indicates that the problem is not with your account.

Are you able to sign in to your account using a browser instead of the app?

Do you have the latest version of the eBay app on your phone?

If not, try uninstalling the eBay app, restarting your phone, then installing the latest version from the App Store.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@vida_glam 

Did you try to sign in to the app multiple times in a row?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have this issue as well what is the fix for it ?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

How many times did you sign in and out before you got the error?

To avoid that error, don't sign out and back in that many times.

Use a browser instead. If you have multiple accounts, stay signed in to one using the eBay app, and sign in to the others using separate browsers. By doing that, you can minimize the need to sign in and out and avoid the error.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

northamerican4000
Rising Star

Uninstall and reinstall the app, had the same problem this morning but now it worked for me

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You didn't answer the question

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply