cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sort function doesn't work anymore!

I don't know if anyone else is getting the same thing but when I sort the results by price, less results show up. Over 1000 results for something I searched for came up when it was sorted by 'Relevance' by if I try sorting the results by price (highest-lowest AND lowest-highest) I only get 35. This is a ridiculously annoying fault especially for someone who doesn't have the time to sort through 1000 results and just wants to see the most affordable prices. Uninstalling if they don't fix this 😡😡 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@kuk6225

Thank you for reporting this. Does this happen with your saved searches or all searches you try?

Thanks

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I noticed this issue when browsing sold listings today in handbags.  That and many other issues with the new update.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

SEARCH IS TERRIBLE!  I can't refine anything anymore.  If I put in brand of jeans and put in my size, then put in list lowest to highest price. It gives me all the sizes not just my size.  You can't refine down to sizes, color, newly listened & condition.  If your looking at an item from a search your on and decide to look at their other items, then go back to your search - whole search is gone.  This is driving me crazy.  It was working fine before.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@palmbeachclosets @navajetjr

Thanks for posting. Could you please post a screen shot of the search results screen showing your keyword you used, and a screen shot of the Filter section open. We will investigate this.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Same problem here !
Sometimes even "no items found" after sorting (while "best match" gives hundreds of hits.)

Also very annoying is that when sorting on lowest price the "alternatives list" stays UNSORTED.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The more detailed your search the MORE hits you get !!
Search seems to be 'or' instead of 'and'.
Even for single digits in numbers !! so when you add 0.25mm in your search you will also get everything with 0 or 2 or 5 or mm in the description !
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@mobile_feedback

In this example, It seems to be for completed listing that have a mix of sold and unsold.  The unsold doesnt seem to sort correctly with sold.

I set my filter to sort highest to lowest price.  

I simply searched Kipling in women's handbags.

Thank You for responding!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@palmbeachclosets

Thank you, this is helpful. It looks like the sort includes the shipping price too. Since the lower priced items have expensive shipping they show up above the ones with the 350 dollar price. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Oh wow! That's crazy their shipping price is that high.  I'll be mindful to check those shipping charges.  

Thank You.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

My "filter" and "sort" doesnt work at all! Recently started happening. Does anyone know what is going on?? So frustrating!
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@johot0270_nfqfxi2x 

Are you using a browser or the app?

If you are using the eBay app, make sure you have the latest version (5.42.0.8).

If you are using a browser, see here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-search-issues/m-p/30859183/highlight/true#M69846

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply