cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file a complaint to eBay?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to file a complaint with eBay in regards to the payment process.

My issue; I bought an item that clearly showed PayPal Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover as the payment methods. At the checkout where it has always shown my saved payment method (credit cards, I stopped using PayPal 15 years ago), it was greyed out and said :

------------------------

Unfortunately, you can't use a credit or debit card to pay for this order. This option might be unavailable if:

We don't accept credit or debit card purchases on this country's site
A seller doesn't accept credit or debit cards

------------------------

The seller contacted eBay and was told no issues on his end in the way he set up the auction. Then I called to ask why the credit card option was not available, the lady said that the fact the auction shows payment available as PayPal and VISA/MC/AMEX/Discover is just due to a default setting. That if the seller doesn't have PayPal linked to their account, they can't process a credit card for them. She said the seller would need to invoice me directly (outside of eBay) and we settle that way. I've never come across this and she says that a lot of sellers are going this route, which makes no sense.

Aside from not being able to pay for an item, this concerns me because the eBay representative said that only at the checkout will I know if I can't use a credit card! So now I run the risk of winning more auctions that I can't pay for. This is why I would like to file a complaint. The forms of payment listed on an auction should be literally representative of how a buyer can pay, not just a default that all show!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maybe this link will give you the info needed>

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/checkout?id=4036

if not, you can contact ebay from that link as well