cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009!

Places to see, things to do, people to meet. Put is all here and anything else you want too.
Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

2009!

Wow! Sorry, Claudia, to hear about your brother. I must apologize for being gone. My sisters and I just buried both our folks. Dad passed in December and was cremated. He was staying here with me until the spot we wanted for him was available. Well, Mom went downhill from there. She had autoimmune hepatitis and successive liver damage, but three weeks ago, she had a biopsy, which then gave her peritonitis and she was given massive doses of antibiotics. We found out that she also had liver cancer which had spread to her spine, so after the hospital stay, we brought her home and hospice helped us until the end. We buried both of them in the same place. Dad is in with her. Now, I'm hoping life settles down. Just had a new grandbaby, who is just beautiful! Also, had a niece who just married (husband is getting shipped out to Guam. He's a Navy guy.) so things weren't all sad. Hope all of you are in great health and good wishes. I'll be showing up more often, for sure. I need to get out camping again. My group just had a campout out in Acton, CA, so I missed a great one again. Dang! take care, taz -- At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Wow! Sorry, Claudia, to hear about your brother. I must apologize for being gone. My sisters and I just buried both our folks. Dad passed in December and was cremated. He was staying here with me until the spot we wanted for him was available. Well, Mom went downhill from there. She had autoimmune hepatitis and successive liver damage, but three weeks ago, she had a biopsy, which then gave her peritonitis and she was given massive doses of antibiotics. We found out that she also had liver cancer which had spread to her spine, so after the hospital stay, we brought her home and hospice helped us until the end. We buried both of them in the same place. Dad is in with her. Now, I'm hoping life settles down. Just had a new grandbaby, who is just beautiful! Also, had a niece who just married (husband is getting shipped out to Guam. He's a Navy guy.) so things weren't all sad. Hope all of you are in great health and good wishes. I'll be showing up more often, for sure. I need to get out camping again. My group just had a campout out in Acton, CA, so I missed a great one again. Dang! take care, taz -- At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 32 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Taz Sorry to hear about your mum & dad. Funny how so often when one dies the other follows shortly. They must have been very close. Isn't Hospice wonderful? We had them to help with my mum 13 years ago. They helped to keep her comatose so she wasn't aware of the pain. That was the worst part for me, my mum in horrible, excruciating pain. Horrible, also, to watch your loved ones pass. You feel so helpless and inadequate when it comes to caring for them. Guess that is just part of the process. funny also how there always seems to be a NEW life coming into being when one of our parents pass. My daughter was pregnant with her first born when my mum passed. We told her that Gram already had met the new member to the family. Was nice to have the joy of a baby to help balance the pain of loss. Glad you're back and glad you are now looking forward with good memories of the past. -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 33 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Brother Wayne lives in Florida and has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. We left Michigan on Monday and arrived in Florida on Wednesday at 1;30 am in the morning). Update on my Brother We arrived in Florida after 2 very hard days of driving (Mich to Florida 1295 miles). Today Wayne(brother) has Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS). After spraying a solution to numb the patient’s throat, the doctor inserts an endoscope—a thin, flexible, lighted tube—down the throat, through the stomach, and into the small intestine. The doctor turns on an ultrasound attachment to the scope that produces sound waves to create visual images of the pancreas and bile ducts. Last night he had Acute pancreatitis. Severe pain and vomiting. SIL & I rushed to drugstore to pick up script from Dr. 24 hr. drugstore didn't have a pharmacy that was open. Had to drive many miles to a different one and gues what, theirs wasn't open either. Had to find a third one and got the meds for him. I hadn't planned on going today since it will be many hours and I figured they would not get any results or news today. I had planned on going Tuesday when we see the cancer surgeon and find out if he is even a candidate for the surgery but now I think maybe I should go today too. Neighbor is going to go to keep SIL company. Guess I'll just play it by ear and wait and see how Wayne looks and feels this morning before I decide. Anyway, I am all dressed just in case I end up going. Thank you ALL for any and all your prayers. He really needs them now. (((hugs))) -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 34 of 40
latest reply

2009!

We are camped in John Prince Park in Lantana Florida right across from JFK Hospital. Brother Wayne lives 2 hours from hospital so we moved His RV here and his wife (SIL), Al, myself and pup Shelby are camping. Beautiful park on the water. A little pricey at $187 a week (full hook up) but cheaper than a motel and easier than driving 2 hours each way every day. Thank you ALL for all your prayers and good thoughts. They ARE working. New update on brother Wayne: WHIPPLE procedure has been put on hold. They did an Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) today and said, "can't see ANYTHING on the pancreas!" there is something around the duct area but think it is treatable. We are relieved and VERY hopeful. -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 35 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Photobucket, I couldn't resist (being a blond myself) LOL A trucker came into a truck stop cafe and placed his order. He said, "I want three flat tires, a pair of headlights and pair of running boards." The brand new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the kitchen and said to the cook, "This guy out there just ordered three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards. What does he think this place is, an auto parts store?" "No," the cook said. "Three flat tires mean three pancakes, a pair of headlights is two eggs sunny side up, and running boards are 2 slices of crisp bacon." "Oh, OK!" said the blonde. She thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer. The trucker asked, "What are the beans for, Blondie?" I LOVE THIS ONE........... She replied, "I thought while you were waiting for the flat tires, headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up!" FOR ONCE THE BLONDE GETS EVEN! Photobucket -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 36 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Hope all is going well with your brother, Claudia! Sounds promising! Whoo hoo! taz -- At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

2009!

BROTHER IS DOING WELL. Surgery went as planned. He is now waiting for chemo and radiation. Don't understand why they do both, but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. Getting excited about going camping this fall (and getting out of Michigan for the winter) LOL. This will only be the third time the pup has gone with us and only the second time for the cat. Not looking forward to having the cat along but can't ask either daughter to care for her since they are both allergic. Oh well, Al's cat, Claudia's burden. Guess I will just have to teach that cat to travel. LOL -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 38 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Have you guys been able to get out and camp yet? -- At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

2009!

We camped while in Florida in brothers RV across from the hospital. Brother has had second surgery and is now waiting for chemo. He is recovering nicely and we are very hopeful. We also camped Labor Day Weekend in our RV and met half of an eBay chat group I am in. That was lots of fun. Our leader was here from England and they moteled it while we camped. Neat to finally meet people you have been talking to for a few years. -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 40 of 40
latest reply