cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009!

Places to see, things to do, people to meet. Put is all here and anything else you want too.
Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

2009!

The Animal Odd Couple Video - CBSNews.com http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4696315n ya gotta watch this, amazing !!
Message 16 of 40
latest reply

2009!

jonc7354
Enthusiast
In central Ohio today we are 66 degrees with rain and 65 MPH wind gusts. I do not recall a more stranger February, ever. Jon
Message 17 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Aren't you glad you aren't on the road with an RV in wind like that? We have had to sit at a campground and wait out winds like that. One time we traveled in tandom with friends. Fortunately we had walkie talkies and I yelled at them to pull over fast. I saw their awning unrolling. We caught it in time but had to duct tape it since the winds were to hard for us to unroll it and re-roll it properly. We found a campground and sat for 4 days before we could chance opening his awning without loosing it! Talked to a guy who had his unroll while on the freeway. It came all the way out and the wind took it up and over his RV. Insurance had to get him a whole new awning. -- Blooming Rose Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket
Message 18 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Whoa! Sorry I've been remiss in visiting! Issues with my mom's health now have landed her in the ER two weekends in a row. Geez. It's bad when people there remember her! She freaks out because Dad passed away there two months ago...and so there are issues, but... hopefully, she's more stable now. Winds - we have had them. I wouldn't have been out in those dang cold winds right now. The 'grapevine' out near the summit off the 5 freeway always gets hit with snow (like right now) and rain, and it is the trucker's pathway through the state of California. I feel sorry for those guys. They get it rough running through there. Hope all of you are having a better winter. Right now at 8:45 am it's 64 degrees in my home. It's colder outside but I don't have the cold weather issues you folks do. You folks have much more severe weather than I do. I also was going to ask if you are members of any of the yahoo camping groups. There are some great groups to join and if I have time this weekend, I'll list them somewhere in here. I am on a lot of lists for boondocking and cheap/free camping, so it's interesting where spots are and aren't for that. There's not much in southern CA, anyway. A few of my camping club members just got back from Quartzite and they liked it. I'm going to ask them more questions the next time I see them. Hope you are all in good health! taz -- At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Hey Taz, can you give us a list of 'boondocking spots'? That would be great. Maybe start a thread on Free & Boondocking places. Thanks. Hope your mum is better. Sorry about your Dad. It's hard to loose a parent but I am sure much harder to loose a spouse. -- Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 20 of 40
latest reply

2009!

jonc7354
Enthusiast
Hey Taz, some prayers from Ohio concerning your mom, we hope she is doing better soon. Mary and I were rolling through Plain City, Ohio a few years ago and our awning unrolled on us in a wind. We were in a Class A and I think it may have been our maiden voyage. We also lost an awning in the wind coming south out of Detroit a few years back when we had our Dutchman TT. This one was expensive, we had to replace it. I am so gun shy now I have velcro straps on the awning rails and never get underway without them. Jon
Message 21 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Jon, we did the velcro straps too. But when our friends awning came undone, the straps would not have helpted. It actually unrolled only at the top! The fabric is all that came open, the arms stayed tight to his RV. We had to duct tape the fabric up at the top so the wind couldn't get in and unroll any more until we could get somewhere so we could open it up and re-roll it tightly. Now I periodically keep an eye on ours in the rear view mirror. Like you, I am gun shy. Neighbors are leaving for Yuma Az tomorrow. I won't do it this late in the season. $1,200 in gas for 4 weeks isn't an expense I want. Next year we will leave Michigan in November for Az. It will be the first time we feel the grandkids are old enough to not have Grandma & Grandpa there for Christmas. I am really looking forward to it. That will give us Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb & 2 weeks in March. I need to start yard clean up in March or it gets way out of control. -- Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket
Message 22 of 40
latest reply

2009!

just 22 days 12 hours and 33.40 minutes till spring. Never thought I would get excited about 40 degree weather but compared to what we have been having, 40 seems great! -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 23 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Claudia, I'll try and get info for you about the boondocking. Been looking more and more at that myself. Have you joined any of the yahoo RV groups? They are great! I'll make a list and put it here. taz -- At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 24 of 40
latest reply

2009!

thanks Taz, I look forward to getting your list. Al & I have been busy back working on our new master bedroom. I mean 3 years to do this room has been 2 years too many! Finally got the ceiling in, painted, papered and painted again. We are putting up the ceiling moldings as I type (with a dog on my lap). Here's a pic of the ceiling: Photobucket -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 25 of 40
latest reply

2009!

jonc7354
Enthusiast
Great ceiling, Claudia. Most of our ceilings have dark stains on them, the back part of our house has a flat roof and has given us fits forever. I used to take care of roofs for our school district and had many sucesses but on mine just small battles many of which I lost. The list of Yahoo RV sites would be cool. Jon
Message 26 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Our house had an almost flat roof over the summer porch at one time. Around 1960 they added the room I pictured the wallpaper ceiling on the second floor and so they had something to attach a new more pitched roof to. When we took out the low ceiling on that summer porch (we enclosed it and made a family room) we were shocked to find the older roof with 6 layers of shingles. It all had to come out so we could raise the ceiling. We now have a cathedral ceiling in that room and love it but we figured they just kept putting on layers of shingles trying to solve their problem. Glad we don't have to fight that. Sounds like you need to raise the pitch of your roof, jon. -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 27 of 40
latest reply

2009!

jonc7354
Enthusiast
If I would leave these RVs alone I could probably get that done. I put off everything I should be doing until the weather improves and then when it does I go camping. Mary has mentioned a couple of times that she is aware of my tricks and approves of them whole heartly. We are a good match. Jon
Message 28 of 40
latest reply

2009!

I got so upset with Al putting stuff off that I refused to get dressed for two days until he fixed the wiring problem in our new bedroom. He didn't know what I was doing, just that I wasn't getting dressed. Hard to go for coffee or anywhere if your wife is still in her bathrobe. I knew he was hating working on it and I just wanted it over and done so we could move on. Once he solved the problem we both felt better. Now he has a plumbing problem in a new bathroom he is putting off. It has been 6 months now and I know there is a leak. He has to get it fixed pretty soon but I hate to ask him to stop working on our new bedroom. We have been working on and off on this room now for 3 years. Enough is enough. I want to move into it. LOL -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

2009!

Off to Florida next week and the RV is staying at home. Brother has Pancreatic cancer (just found out) and is going in for surgery. Plan on being there while he still feels like having company. So, in the mean time: PhotobucketEaster Pictures, Images and Photos -- PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 30 of 40
latest reply