cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this object?

Can anyone tell me what this is. It seems to test positiDSC00032.JPGDSC00033.JPGve for 10k and has a glass center. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is this object?

Possibly a locket, for displaying a braided lock of hair, sometimes as a momento mori. Is the glass part hollow, solid, or 2 pieces? It doesn't appear to be enlarging the finger underneath it, so I'm thinking it isn't a magnifying lens.

The rim around the glass has an opening underneath where the ring is attached. It's possible that the ring attachment will unscrew in order to loosen the rim, and let the glass be removed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A small loupe for your key chain, just a guess. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Possibly a locket, for displaying a braided lock of hair, sometimes as a momento mori. Is the glass part hollow, solid, or 2 pieces? It doesn't appear to be enlarging the finger underneath it, so I'm thinking it isn't a magnifying lens.

The rim around the glass has an opening underneath where the ring is attached. It's possible that the ring attachment will unscrew in order to loosen the rim, and let the glass be removed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, I found out it does unscrew and there are 2 piece of glass so something can be inserted. Mourning jewelry I think. Thank you

Message 4 of 4
latest reply