cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to ID this Vintage Bracelet

Hello I have been trying to find information on this vintage sterling bracelet. It kind of looks like Hopi  from some of the listings I have seen . I would appreciate  any information. Any ideas? Thanks IMG_2125.jpegIMG_2126.jpegIMG_2127.jpegIMG_2128.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trying to ID this Vintage Bracelet

@theresiasdaughterstoyfunfactory 

Something is off  with your bracelet. Have you tested it? The stampage on the back just doesn't appear right to me, I flipped it for others to view

Screenshot_20240210_102407_Chrome~2.jpg

 I'm looking at it going what?? I tried to find Taxco stamp also and cannot. I did however find several of bracelets with close/ similar design

Screenshot_20240210_104902_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240210_104851_eBay.jpg

 there were other sites but the sellers are notorious for not putting good descriptions down, ebay is much better in this category IMHO. 

Keep in mind that several overseas countries love to copy our NA artisans work and even have their own stampage made that can fool buyers such as this..

Screenshot_20240210_104041_Chrome.jpg

 where did you get this piece at initially? Could you maybe clean up the stampage and take more pictures, maybe it would help.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Trying to ID this Vintage Bracelet

The Mexico stamp appears to be 21, 24 or 29  So, probably Mexico/Taxco  925 done in the style of Hector Aguilar.  I checked Hougart's book of marks.  Using the numbers are not always reliable regarding who made it.  Too bad the initials are blurred but still a great Mexico Sterling bracelet.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply