cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with these earrings, please

Hi all! I'm trying to find a little more about these little beauties, they're only marked 14k & sterling on the body (no signature/mark) but looking at the backs I found a hallmark I KNOW I've seen before, but can't place. It looks like James Avery's mark, but it's not. The photo doesn't show up great. The mark looks like a capital M or three uprights with a ?C? O? In the middle. Any help is much appreciated. 

IMG_20231117_201649~2.jpg

IMG_20231117_201639~2.jpg

IMG_20231117_200321~2.jpg

If you recognize the maker or the mark (the mark may not go to the earrings, the backs may have been "borrowed.") Please shout out. 

Cheers, 

M. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help with these earrings, please

@maeday76 

Hi Mae!!! Those sure are nice! So the earrings are marked 14k & sterling? Vermeil than, but the butterfly post backs are only stamped Sterling with a MM that far away viewing looks John Hardy. MM does look like HH also, Google lens ain't got nothing ( in my best southern accent) and it is a good possibility that the butterflies do not belong to these earrings.

What I would do in this case...

List what you know.. Vtg Vermeil Abstract Brutalist glass accent pierced earrings.

You have enough going for you with these earrings and I would tend to believe that the designer involved would have his Makers mark stamped on these earrings and not the post backs only as they get lost.

Looks like similar pieces are going around $79 and up.

Your buddy Silver

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I think the pendants are opal or moonstone, but yeah. Everything else you said is right, because the middle sections are gold plated, while the body is silver. It does look like two H's. Lemme see about Hardy. You're a star, as usual @silverstatetreasureboxes 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

John Hardy's mark has a J running through the center of an H. Could this mark be a single M?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@bauble-babes 

Correct on the John Hardy mark, we had problems with these earrings as OP Mae has questions about the butterfly backs not even belonging to the earrings.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply