cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with sterling silver hallmark

IMG_20230627_122755.jpg

 does anyone recognize this tag the hallmark on the item is simply an s in a circle

IMG_20230628_103641.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The hang tag is a brand label. It's not an indication of silver purity. Is there a metal mark on your piece? 

There are a few costume jewelry sites that include silver and have reams of info on the marks, tags and variations used by jewelry firms.  Lang is the first that jumps to mind. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ABSULUTELY I BOUGHT AN ENTIRE COLLECTION ALL HALLMARKED 925 ALL WITH AN "S" IN A CIRCLE TRYING TO FIND THE MAKER 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You, uh, left your caps lock on, but nevermind. 

If you have a bunch of items with the same "S" tags on them, it would be very helpful to see some examples. So we can get a sense of the style and forms the company uses. It will probably trigger a memory for someone here.  Full photos of jewelry - with decent clarity and lighting are much appreciated. 

If we have more than fragments to go on,  your chances of getting a solid answer are dramatically increased. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

sorry for the caps lock lol i am going to do a new post with several pictures i been doing this 15 years and usually can find my makers marks especially on the more modern pieces 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply