cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Dating & Hallmark of Navette Ring

Large head - I actually thought it was a mans ring when I saw it. I had the stone reset so some glue residue on the band. Navette style bloodstone head measures right about 25.61mm deep. Makers mark looks like a C with 3 lines forming what looks like a crown on top. Marked 10K

Any ideas on who made it or period?

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help with Dating & Hallmark of Navette Ring

@juststuffisell

you might want to check out this site and see if you can find the mark there:

https://imageevent.com/flippingtreasures/helpfullinks/identificationhistories

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'm no help with the hallmark, but when I saw this picture, it looks like a 1980's design to me.

I could be way off base, though. That was just what jumped into my mind.IMG_8365

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Agree with lacemaker, it is not very old. Are you sure it's a bloodstone?
Looks like back onyx in the photo. It does not look terribly old, or valuable, as it is 10k not higher karat gold..
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree that it does not look like bloodstone.  There are no red spots in the stone that show in the photos. 

Also, the stone is glued in and it doesn't fit the setting.  On the sideways shot, you can see a gap between the prongs and the side of the stone; that gap shouldn't be there.  The setting was designed for a slightly larger stone that could have been held in solely by the prongs.  So the only way they could get this stone to stay put was to glue it on the back. 

As a fashion costume ring it's nice, but I think if you sold it as fine jewelry you'd have a disappointed buyer once they saw the back and all the glue.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply