cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chunky Link Bracelet...Is this a signature? If so, whose?

Found this fabulous bracelet.  It has what appears to be a cartouche on the back of one of the links, but I can't tell if this is a signature, or just scratchy designs.  Can anyone please help me identify it?  Thanks!20230429_133408.jpg20230429_133623.jpg20230429_133649.jpg20230429_133507.jpg20230429_133649.jpg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Chunky Link Bracelet...Is this a signature? If so, whose?

@auntiekittys yes it does make sense. 

Screenshot_20230430-060035_eBay~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230430-061055_Chrome~2.jpg

 this is the best pic I can get from your piece. Looks like Selro, Tara jewelry all came from same era and folded about 1970s. Your clasp and Selros clasp match up too.

You have a siggy there on your piece, wish I could find that crazy star shield thingie on your piece I'm sure that would be a clue.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@auntiekittys 

WOW! Spectacular indeed, when I first looked at I said " boy that looks like Tara" ( the construction of it)

Did a little peeking around to see if I could come up with ( I've had Tara pieces in original box before)

This pic is the clasp of a Tara piece..

Screenshot_20230429-150307_eBay~2.jpg

 this piece is also Tara

Screenshot_20230429-150105_eBay~2.jpg

 Now, here is your piece that has somewhat of a mark above that cartouche ( I turned pic around)

Screenshot_20230429-153746_Chrome~2.jpg

 upper right, here also is an earlier mark of Tara below

Screenshot_20230429-151901_eBay.jpg

 kitty, did you look under clasp, can you maybe magnify that area I'm talking about?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Ooohhhh!  I think you're on to something!  That does look like the same clasp AND the same mark.  I've looked under the clasp and I don't see anything.  I'll send over a pic in a moment.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Here's the underside of the clasp.

20230429_160403[1].jpg

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

10X is as high as I can go.

20230429_161231[1].jpg

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@auntiekittys 

😆 🤣 that looks like the butter pat I dropped this morning!

Here's some info on Tara or sometimes called Tara 5th Avenue. Not all early pieces were signed and if they were signed the places on the piece would vary.

Screenshot_20230429-161502_Chrome~2.jpg

 The piece I had in the original box sold fast and it was quite fancy as well.

Screenshot_20230429-161443_Chrome~2.jpg

 the way your piece is linked together shows in Tara as well.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I was reading about Tara Jewelry and it looks like some pieces just had hang tags and no mark.

Is that a capital S on the right side?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Ha ha! (butter pat) 

Thanks so much for all of your help and expertise.  I'm really loving this piece. It is 2 inches across!!!  Definitely a statement piece!  I think I'll let it take a little vacation in my personal, jewelry box. 🙂

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@auntiekittys 

I've been seeing a bunch of different things on your 1st pictures, even paw prints! 😆 

Some Tara jewelry had paper tags as well, some MM on pieces had block letters TARA.

I don't blame you for keeping it, I have regrets selling mine, don't be like me!

Take care Kitty, Silver

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I'm thinking that there is a signature (no, not my cat's,) in the upper, right hand corner and I think that it is SELRO.  This is typical of their style and the setting looks similar.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@auntiekittys 

Ohhhh, let's find a good example and compare,  I'll start looking ( but got to get coffee 1st)

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I'm looking at the links between the panels and they do NOT look like Selro.  Selro's are usually rounded and

smooth, not Selro LinksSelro LinksMy Bracelet LinksMy Bracelet Links

flat with embellishments.  (Does that make sense?)

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@auntiekittys yes it does make sense. 

Screenshot_20230430-060035_eBay~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230430-061055_Chrome~2.jpg

 this is the best pic I can get from your piece. Looks like Selro, Tara jewelry all came from same era and folded about 1970s. Your clasp and Selros clasp match up too.

You have a siggy there on your piece, wish I could find that crazy star shield thingie on your piece I'm sure that would be a clue.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for all of your help and effort.  I really appreciate it.  Yup...I think that it's Selro too.  It's a different signature than the one that you posted, but it looks like the letters on mine do spell out "Selro."  Now, I'll have to find the year that mark was used.  Yay!!!  It's signed!!!  😄

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@auntiekittys 

I also see the ©️ sign in the last photo ^^^^^. This will give us something to look for, the year and MM earlier one!

Been fun kitty

Message 15 of 16
latest reply