cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all invited to post on this board?

Hello, 

My husband and I are in the process of dissolving a family members estate. This estate has some very well crafted costume jewelry pieces. Many of which have no makers marks. I am a goldsmith and I know fine jewelry (precious metals and stones) but have no knowledge of fashion jewelry. Is it possible to make a finely crafted piece of jewelry without a logo?

I have tried to add photographs to my message but am unable to do it?

I would appreciate any help and thank you for all responses. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @kabour_4195 . Click the camera icon to add photos to your post for ID assistance.

community-uploadphoto.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Feel free to post.

Be warned that a major portion of the "my sales are dead" threads are started by jewelry sellers, particularly costume jewelry.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I have tried clicking on the icon you indicated but it simply asks for information rather than just simply allowing a picture to be loaded. When I set up a new listing or send messages, it is easy to load photos. Do not know exactly what to do when I click on the icon as there is nowhere to load a photo. Iam thicking that I am not signed up correctly? Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

That is I am Thinking!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you tobaccocardyahoo,

The estate is large and we are starting with the fashion jewelry, as it is easy to mange and ship. Just from researching I can see the competition is tough. Your incite is always appreciated.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

>>I have tried clicking on the icon you indicated but it simply asks for information rather than just simply allowing a picture to be loaded.

Asks for what information? Copy/paste exactly what it says @kabour_4195 

Are you on a phone or a computer?

On a computer, this is what I see when I click on the camera.

community-photoupload.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

It is possible to create costume jewelry without a logo or maker's mark. Many skilled artisans and jewelry designers produce high quality pieces without necessarily branding them with a logo. In the world of fashion jewelry, craftsmanship and design are often valued over brand recognition.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I am on a lap top and do not see what you have posted.  It will not me to copy and paste, but his is what it says:

Source

(with a box to fill in)

Image Description

(with a box to fill in)

Dimensions

(with a box to fill in)

x

(another box to fill in)

Constrain Proportions Check or unchecked

I have no idea what to do here.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi devon@ebay . Can you review the above discussion about uploading photos and see if you or a Khoros mod can assist the OP?

I'm not seeing a screen that has the same info as the OP, even when I switch tabs on the photos pop-up from upload to url to saved photos.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for answer and I can certainly understand the standpoint of craftsmanship over recognition. I have a couple of examples that I would like to share  and will as soon as I figure out the transferring of photos. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for your efforts

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi devon@ebay . Can you review the above discussion about uploading photos and see if you or a Khoros mod can assist the OP?

I'm not seeing a screen that has the same info as the OP, even when I switch tabs on the photos pop-up from upload to url to saved photos.

Hey @wastingtime101! When it comes to uploading and sharing photos on the Community some time ago we had to go in and change the permissions for this. We had users unfortunately come in on new accounts and post inappropriate photos often so now we have a requirement for the amount of time an account has to be active on Community before they are allowed to post photos. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

That explains why I've seen so many new users say they can't post photos. Thanks for that info devon@ebay (and I do remember the constant assault of gross images).

Seems you'll only be able to add photos @kabour_4195 if you can externally host them and post a link, or until you establish yourself over a period of time in this Community.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thank you Devon and Wastingtime, but that leads to the question, How long must one wait to be able to post?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply