cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one recognize this vintage character pin? Holds balances has 3 antennae top of head not marked

This character looks familiar to me but can't place who or when or where.  Any idea who he is?  Pin is possibly from the 1950s or 60s. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Any one recognize this vintage character pin? Holds balances has 3 antennae top of head not marked

Possibly something to do with Camp Fire Girls or Bluebirds?
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Can't see it very well--can  you get a clearer photo?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hopefully this is better.. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have one just like yours. I also searched for what to call it. Found several descriptions including - Genie Holding Scales, Fortune Teller Genie with Scales and Zodiac Libra Genie with Scales. So - it certainly seems to be a genie!! Some have different colored "gems" in the scales, eyes and on the headpiece. Mine just has the black eyes and faux gold in the scales and headpiece. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hmm. Three antennae at the top of the head sounds like it is a Space Alien. But the shows look like Turkish or Arabian. The objects in the hands could be magic lanterns. Good luck

PW😄🐿

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

Hmm. Three antennae at the top of the head sounds like it is a Space Alien. But the shows look like Turkish or Arabian. The objects in the hands could be magic lanterns. Good luck

PW😄🐿

Sorry, I meant, the shoes! 

PW😁🐿

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

He appears to be delivering two tea services on the type of hanging tray that is used by cafes in the Middle East.

Debora

Message 8 of 8
latest reply