cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info would help....

All I know is it's Sterling Silver and Shell but I'm alittle lost in terms of specifics...what kind of shell, value, etc. Pendant is 5.5in long and 4.5 in wide it's huge lol

1000003571.jpg

1000003572.jpg

1704864606028.jpg

1704864639735.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Any info would help....

@collectinggalore2 

Wow, that is huge!

It looks like the artisan maybe used part of a Conch shell. I wouldn't worry about naming the shell exactly and the black portion of this shell front looks painted.

Just go with what you know. You have a Large statement Artisan freeform iridescent shell applied silver pendant Lariat necklace.

I take it your artist did not sign this piece and there is no purity mark of Sterling on it either?

I would list this piece at least $69-up. Be sure to mention statement piece

You don't happen to have a better silver chain you can use other than the lariat? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you ❤️

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh my Gosh what a statement ! Bring back the '80's ! Quite the bolo tie you've got there.

I agree with silver in that it is probably conch shell, but the black may actually be the black may actually be a layer under the pink that is polished. Abalone shells, very much like conch shell, actually have a lot of black  on them and once it has been polished it becomes that shiny black that you're seeing.  Now, Paua which is a New Zealand abalone, is dyed all of the time, but that black section I would say is not dyed.

Best of luck to you in your listing, I would if I were you display it against a black turtle neck on a dress form if you have it or a black velvet jeweler's neck piece display. And plenty of lighting. I agree with Silver on the price , if it were me I think I would start at $75-85, you can always discount for someone who's watching it. 

All the Best -

Doodledog8

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you ❤️

Message 5 of 5
latest reply