cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Jewelry Designers Mark is LR CN? Rhinestone Maltese Cross

I have this gorgeous rhinestone maltese cross necklass, it's a high quality heavy piece, the back of the bale is marked LR CN, I've searched all the jewelry marks websites and can't find this one. There is a bracelet listed now with the same mark and is identified as "Runway", that didn't help me at all. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jeanne

http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/malibujeanne/library/LR%20CN%20Necklace

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: What Jewelry Designers Mark is LR CN? Rhinestone Maltese Cross

Mark

Back

Front

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Oh my gosh did I really type necklass Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Did you ever find the anser to this
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello there 

After few years I am in same situation I have few items signed LR CN

Can you please tell me what you Find?

Thank you so so much Mzrie

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Did you ever hear back?  I have the same necklace!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello Jeanne, I have an answer for you. I just bought a pair of earrings with the same mark. My research shows that the 'LR' stands for Loree Rodkin. The 'CN' likely stands for the country of origin -- in this case, China.

Rodkin did a costume jewelry series for the Home Shopping Network that were (I think) produced by the jewelry manufacturer Affy. Here's a link, showing both your necklace, and part of my earrings (used as a charm on a bracelet):

https://affyjewelry.com/search.php?search_query=Loree+Rodkin

Hope this helps,

Kyla

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

LR, especially if it's in cursive, is likely for Lady Remmington and would date to the 80s or even more recently.  Their original name was Lia Sophia, before getting changed around 1980.  They were famous for their classy costume jewelry and many vintage reproduction pieces and quit production in 2015. 

CN can mean China, but most jewelry coming from China has its name fully spelled out.  In this case, it could mean almost anything.  It could even indicate a specific designer or address from which it was made.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I forgot to add until after I had posted.  A non-cursive LR can also mean "Lola Rose."  They're also famous for their semi-precious stone jewelry.  It's possible it could be them, though I wasn't aware of them making rhinestone jewelry.  I have heard of them using the "LR CN" stamps, but don't believe it's on all pieces as some only have the CN.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi there! Looks like I am in the same boat, I have a maltese cross necklace that does have a tag on it from HSN but no designer information. I also searched these initials "LR"on HSN and came up empty handed.

I do believe the "cn" marking means Republic of China.  Thanks for posting your comment, hopefully we can crack this mystery together or help from the community!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply