Did you mean: 

Help with age, origin and name for glass on this set, please

20197610-45A2-4954-AE9A-4FE795A6C346.jpeg

D8937B68-6315-4B76-BA9F-5DA65E71A975.jpeg

FEB4C02B-0B10-4B63-BF76-E3F3664FECE9.jpeg

28536E1C-B2C1-46E2-A4AF-3684A64C22AE.jpeg

0ED2C43E-1693-470C-915D-032EF48DCB08.jpeg

 Hi guys, 

I hope everyone’s weekend was great. Our family chose a hoity toity restaurant this year and it flopped.  Now I gotta make a ham to make up for it. Lol 

I’ve had this set for a while now. I simply cannot figure out anything on it. I was told the clasp dated it to the 60’s but I am thinking it’s earlier   Is there any part of the construction that points to any particular manufacturer or country of origin?  The amethyst glass has floating things in it.  What would this type of glass be called?  I asked a year ago or more on another forum but no one could help. Pulled it back out to give it some more thought hoping someone here might have a few ideas 

I hope everyone is well.  Thank you for any help 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help with age, origin and name for glass on this set, please

Bump for help, please 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Looks pretty 💙

I wish I could offer significant help.

It has the feel of Victorian Revival from the 40s - early 60s in  European construction style. If someone indicated the clasp was 1960s I would trust that as I don't know when fold over clasp use started.

The bloomed(?) gold reminds me of Josef of Hollywood and Hollywood Regency period Jewelry.

The stones look like a visual copy of floating opals which is a capsule that has opal chips suspended in a fluid of some kind.

I am no where near an expert though.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the help!! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply