cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about TOUS rings?

Hello, all.  Hope your day is off to a good start.

What can you tell me about this ring? I don't have high hopes for much value, just want to learn.

It was newly put out at the thrift yesterday (only $1.50) and it sort of looked like a cast piece, was thinking MAYBE gold wash over silver, but could be base metal.  It was signed, "TOUS".  Since it was so inexpensive, just got it.

Once home and able to do some research realized this is a maker that is somewhat collected, and there are rings that sort of look like this on their website.  But back on Ebay, noticed many auctions saying, AUTHENTIC TOUS ring.  That would imply fakes are out there.

Even if real, this is not a huge value piece, but if it is some kind of copy, would rather know that prior to listing.

A couple of observations. 

1) There seems to be some casting material (?) remants in the openings.  At first I thought maybe silver polish, but why would you use that on goldwash?  Anyway, it comes out easily with a toothpick, but kind of a question mark from the get go.

2) This was fresh out of the back room of a thrift -- I'm seeing a scratch mark on the back as if they tested for gold.  Unfortunately they lightly damaged the back by doing this.  But you can see silver color under the goldwash.

3) The "S" on TOUS is sort of double struck.  Was wondering if this, in and of itself, was a red flag?

ANY thoughts much appreciated.  I hadn't even heard of TOUS before yesterday.  Is it a maker many of you are familiar with?

Appreciate the help. Smiley Happy

disring.jpgdisring1c.jpgdisring2.jpg

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you Google "TOUS jewelry" you will find some to read about.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks.  That is actually the first thing I did,  found a few rings in this sort of modernist look on the TOUS website,  just was curious if anyone could speak to the authenticity of this particular ring.  If these rings are routinely faked (for what reason I'm not sure --even new would have only been around $100 if authentic) don't want to list as the real thing.

All thoughts appreciated.  Thank you!

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

you might want to contact     tous.com    jewelry......see if they can verify that it is a tous ring.....the stamp could very well be a sig stamp with the s.......or maybe  like the post office....a double stamp s could be more value??? 

can you get a gold finishing kit to cover the scratch???   if it is a tous

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm Tous fan since 2003 or 2004... in my own experience your ring is a bad fake. Tous never did that kind ring in any collection or that kind stamped Tous. Tous almost all time stamped Tous with laser, if it will be real (not in your case) it will belong to Kaos collection and yours have very differences to this collection another thing Kaos collection (2003) just was made in .750 solid gold and .925 sterling silver. Tous used Vermeil probably after 2010. Sorry

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I cannot comment if the ring is real or not after ready this thread I went through Tous website and seen that their stuff is different and this ring does not seem real. Anyways If you want to wear some real rings you can go to https://locolapis.com for real gemstone rings and stuff. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You mentioned you've been a fan for years? Can you help a girl out please! 😁 I got a tous bracelet at a designer second hand shop. It has a lot of tarnish on the charms/beads and the bracelet feels pretty good but just want to be sure. Could you take a look? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply