cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(sigh) Are everyone else's page views as depressing as mine are or am I just special?

It looks like Ebay is monkeying with search again, either that or it's just dead out there.  I have one really good non jewelry item out there with 50 plus views...and one watcher.  The jewelry isn't even being seen.  How is your stuff doing?

(additional rant - tiuch screen keyboards!  Typos-R-Us! (stet))

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

(sigh) Are everyone else's page views as depressing as mine are or am I just special?

Slow, very, very slow.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Ridiculously slow the last few weeks . I just filed my taxes and looking at my year last year April was my slowest month , so I'm afraid it's going to get worse . My guess is after this brutal winter everyone will want to be outside. I think I'm going to take a little break , SIGHHHHH
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

For me, it went okay the last week but since yesterday zilch.

I think the buyers are all dyeing eggs or repairing bunny costumes.

TEX
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Are you doing any of your own marketing or are you just relying on eBay search? Because the best way I know to make your page views jump is Twitter. I've never had much luck with Pinterest or Facebook, but tweeting really does the job for me. Social networking has really changed the game and we can't just sit in our walled garden and expect eBay to bring the buyers to us.

flotsamlogo
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I agree very very slow, and when you do get a hit or buy, they do not pay ... depressing for sure..

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Well- I think you are special...but not because eBay is slow.  🙂  This starts the time of year that I'm a little more careful of what I am listing.  I do more buy it nows unless it's "an in demand" item.  Too risky otherwise. I guess I'm going to try and start promoting more in other ways as well. It's silly not to... just hard to keep up with!  Jen

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Perhaps we should find other objets d'art to sell....... 

TEX
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Very Slow this last week, hopefully everyones sales will pick up.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Slower than molasses dripping on a Siberian winter morning
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Me too..way way way better on Betsy the last month or so but still slow overall.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I feel like I've been on ebay's "no show" list for a while.  I mean, I've had a pair of Chanel earrings up for two days and not a single view?!?!  I agree with blue and queen.  As time consuming as it is, I will start looking into Twitter and Pinterest for more exposure.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Looks like I need another time-suck, errrr, a Twitter account.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I'm not surprised.  Earlier I was trying to research a vintage articulated bear brooch on ebay, which was my first mistake.  First it wants to know if I didn't really mean to search for a Bar Brooch, sigh.  Then the first thing is shows me is some Chinese Lord of the Rings ring.  What that has to do with . . . . anyway, the harder I tried to figure out how to do a search that actually showed me vintage aritculated bear brooches the further down the rabbit hole it took me.

I gave up and went to etsy to search.  Not that their search is all that great these days either.  Does anyone remember the time way back five years ago when you could search for something and actually get relevant results?

Now when I just tried the same search it shows me all kinds of honest to goodness bear brooches it didn't show me before but none of the ones is managed to show me the first time around.

I'm guessing that sane people, confronted with that kind of insanity would give up and buy nothing.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Can I ask, what makes it slow for you? Is it not enough money at the end ornot enough listings sold compared to how many listings placed? Just curious

I only think I am doing okay if I feel I made enough regardless of how many items sell.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 15 of 25
latest reply