cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with Saint Laurent watch please

Ok, I stay away for a few weeks and come back to this? This is so confusing! I don't think anyone will even see my question but I will try anyway (this is my 5th time trying to post this with pictures!)

I have this watch that has the name "Saint Laurent" on the face and back. The paper hangtag has "Saint Laurent Int" on it. I'm going out on a limb to say this watch is NOT by Yves Saint Laurent, is it? I've tried googling and I can figure it out. The newer stuff on the website is called Saint Laurent but I couldn't find any jewelry. I hope someone here knows. And if someone does I hope I can find my way back here to see their response! Smiley Frustrated
Thanks in advance for any assistance! Val

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: help with Saint Laurent watch please

My quick research indicates that yes, this is from the same design house. I know wikipedia won't stand up as a totally proper reference, but here is the link. I googled "Yves Saint Laurent Brands"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Saint_Laurent_(brand)

In fact, the YSL website identifies itself with the Saint Laurent logo.

It's the real deal - there are plenty of watches to be found online as well - do you have a UPC to search by?

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your reply!  When I looked on here for watches last night any authentic YSL watches have either the entire name or the YSL letters only.  A couple watches sold as "Saint Laurent Co" with no mention of YSL.  In the wiki page they state this:

"it was announced the ready-to-wear line would be rebranded as Saint Laurent.[10] However, the Yves Saint Laurent name and iconic YSL logo have been retained for accessories such as handbags and shoes, and cosmetics".

So does that mean all jewelry would be branded YSL and not Saint Laurent?  It's so frustrating when I can't find a definate answer.  sigh

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

also forgot to say.... no UPC code.  The back of the tag has this stamped letter/number combo that I don't have a pic of but it is : SL175 VYK.  It looks like it was stamped on with a rubber stamp.  I'll try to take a pic later.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply