cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has spontaneously changed jewelry categories, no more "Designer Signed"

I just noticed that some of my jewelry listings have spontaneously changed categories. "Designer Signed" categories no longer seem to be an option so my signed pieces now are just under randomly assigned generic jewelry categories. Anyone else notice this happened?

Not too happy about having to review all my designer signed listings and choose the new best category.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay has spontaneously changed jewelry categories, no more "Designer Signed"

Lots of changes came with the Fall Seller Update we all received

Jewelry category got hit pretty hard this time. May as well get comfy & get your changes made  ☹️  and accept their lunacy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: eBay has spontaneously changed jewelry categories, no more "Designer Signed"

Check out this thread for more information on how what they have done in the jewelry category affects us all.

Solved: Re: The New Item Specifics Are Here - The eBay Community 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I agree, that was one of my favorite categories!  I don't want to have to search by designer name, takes the treasure hunting spontaneity out of it-- I like browsing and being surprised.  

It was also a good category to sell from, I think other buyers are the same

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Seems to be a planned destruction to me.  All the jewelry categories had very nice separation in details, like Art Deco, Victorian Era, Mexican, Southwestern, etc.  Now it's all combined with everything else.  Unbelievable thought process.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What thought process?  I personally see no thought process here at all.  

Sandy
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Their thought process here is planned destruction of the small sellers.  Make no mistake, those doing this know exactly what they are doing.  No different when everyone questions the thought process of a politician and thinks they're stupid and dumb.  They are not.  They all know what they are doing.  Changes like these are disguised as streamlining and are only going to benefit the big corporate stores.  They make it harder and harder for any small seller to make some sort of a living on here.  We are all liabilities to them, they want us all gone.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This doesn't just effect small sellers.  This effects ALL sellers of jewelry, be it new, old, fashion (costume) , or fine, be they small or big, yes even the Chinese sellers.  It absolutely effects everyone selling and BUYING on eBay.  Actually it effects the big sellers more, they have more listings that will need to be fixed.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply