Jewelry & Gemstones Board Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

GREAT FINISHES 2024 APRIL MAY JUNE

Startin off with a bang! Trifari https://www.ebay.com/itm/186366662184?hash=item2b64519628%3Ag%3AAQ0AAOSwcEFmBWaX&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336393638&customid=&toolid=10049 Unusual Florenza https://www.ebay.com/itm/335317861520?...

User avatar by Guide
  • 19 replies
  • 2 helpful

The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

The family of Schreiner Jewelry are still alive and kicking. Mom, Terry, is 89, and can't believe how my parents, and grandfathers creations have become so collectable. My dad's , Ambros, famous ruffle pin retailed for $7.50 in the mid 1950ss. It now...

Advice please on how to say NO gently

I have had numerous emails from folks all over the place asking me to "end an auction early." I don't do that, but am finding it hard to say NO without sounding terrible. What are some of your favorite responses when someone asks to end an auction ea...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

Could use the group's collective insight on a few unsigned pieces!

I just uncovered another banker's box full of pieces I haven't looked at for the past ten years (3 moves!). I've primarily been collecting gold and platinum pieces recently, so am very rusty on mid-century costume designers. The experts here may reco...

Thoughts on this Chanel Demi Set

I everyone, I haven't been on here in a while. Just going through closets again trying to find a few more things I can sell. I was wondering what thoughts are about this Chanel Demi Set. I purchased it from a high end auction house a while back, but,...

Any Ideas On This Lovely Brooch?

It`s 2". Unique design the way the clusters of 5 marquis wire over to the front from the back (clear as mud..right?) Any ideas on origin? I`m getting a West Germany or Austria vibe, but alas, no marking. Not quite sure how to descripe the larger pear...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

I found a treasure!!! Help with era 14k Yellow & Green Gold trombone slide pin/pendant

I was so lucky to have found this in a box lot, I can't believe it, now I need help with dating the item. I think the leaves are green gold. I put the stones on the gem tester and it said the middle was ruby/sapphire and the purple ones I could not t...

new 003.JPG new 007.JPG

Help with a couple sterling items (opal pendant & citrine or topaz bracelet)

Okay... so do you suppose this opal pendant is simulated opal? I have no idea how opal will read with a presidium gem tester, but this tested slightly above glass. I'm going to assume it's simulated opal. It is signed 925 NF CN. Any help on descripti...

bracelet op

Beads questions-what are they and what would you do? 2 part post

So I have some nice (JMO) beads that are bits of broken necklaces and I was just going to put them in 1 lot. Then as I was taking pics, I was thinking that perhaps they would sell each on there own. WWYD? Now for the 2nd part of my question. I believ...

I Need some opinions on a couple pieces. TIA

I bought both of these pieces at an estate sale and I need some advice on them. The cresent shape brooch is set in 14k gold and is missing three pearls ( I believe the blue stones to be saphire). My question on this on is, do you think that I should ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors