cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this necklace made of??

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone recognized this stone.  

Thanks,

Teresa

photo DSCN6470_zps7cfebafa.jpg

photo DSCN6472_zpscf54842b.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: What is this necklace made of??

looks to be some kind of seed. (as in plant).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not contact eBay, it is a user to user system. i r a user.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

They are very hard shiny and cool to the touch.  They don't feel like a seed.  But thanks for you promt response.  Can you think of anything else it could be.  Where I bought it they were calling it jade.  So I am not sure.  It does have a 14K clasp. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I think jade does come in that color.  Have you researched jade colors?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I looked up yellow, but it doesn't look this color.  What color would you call it?  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Id call it mustard yellow

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Color looks kinda like a  butterscotch to me. 🙂  

What size are the beads??  They look too big to be seed size...look like they are maybe 12mm?

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Individual knots and the type of clasp makes me think this might be an artisan piece hand crafted at home.

The beads make me think agate.

google Beige orange agate beads

and then click on images. If you scroll through I think you might find some similar to yours

Kind of hard to tell from a picture but it gives you a starting point to research

DW

Photobucket

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I personally dont see why it couldnt be a yellow jade, mustard yellow or golden maybe. Only way to know is to test

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Judging just by photos, I believe the beads in this necklace are "red" jade. They have the appearance. This would be consistent with use of gold findings also.

For info, here is a reference from Renee Newman GG, from page 98 of her book, Gemstone Buying Guide, How to evaluate, identify, select & care for colored gems.:

" "Red" Jade: Most so-called red jade is orange, brown or a rust-like brownish-red." She goes on to explain how the color of "red" jade occurs in nature.

The section re. jade in the book has a good color chart with 36 sample colors, as well as accurate information that experience can attest to, but if you are just learning about jade, I recommend a gem tester.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I would do a density test, and start from there.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply