cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What i find odd is.........

Some on this board all the sudden are experts on HTML among other things....

,Flipping Treasures/sandy I would like to ask you a question,,,,,,,,,, Who is the admin of this community??

Do they(admin) have the ability to delete threads???

Jeff,,,,,, I have the browser working again,,,,,call me if you want.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: What i find odd is.........

Smiley LOLSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Smiley Very HappyheartSmiley LOL  Now that is a classic Sarah, thank you for sharing.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@flipping_treasures wrote:

My, my, my browndogsimmons 3, I don't understand.  I have already told you.  This is an open group.  You opted into this group.  If you don't like how it is run or the people here, you have options.  This is the public jewelry board http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones/bd-p/232. 

There are several ways that a thread can be deleted, to my knowledge.  1.  The person that started the thread can delete it.  2.  A mod can delete it if they find it is being used to disrupt a board.  3.  A mod can move it to another board if they think the subject belongs somewhere else.   4.  In a group an administrator of the group can remove it if as in #2 they feel it is being used to disrupt the board.

Now a thread is different than a post.  A post can be removed if it is reported by a member of the board my understanding is it doesn't have to make since, it just has to be reported.  Then a Lithium mod can remove the post.  This was done extensively in the past.  Thank goodness, that hasn't been a problem here in this group.  The people here generally act as adults and are treated as such by other members of this group.

You have also asked about editing posts.  Again, my understanding is that only the original poster of the post is able to edit that post and it will show up on the top of that post as being edited and the time it was edited.

As to who is and who isn't an administrator in this group, what possible difference can it make now, since it hasn't been a problem since for the two years that this group has been around.

As for posting what a mod has sent you in an eMail, I would advise against it.  It is against Lithiums rules, or at least it always has been. 

Hope this helps you scratch that itch you seem to have.  Smiley Happy

Did you (flipping treasues) delete a whole thread in this forum within the last month?   Was the Lithium mod lying when they said you were the admin of this group?  Give me a straight answer....... no "hillary" answers....

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Did you have a post in that thread pulled?  And since when does a Lithum mod tell anyone who pulled a thread or a post?  I mean if that is what they told you, why are you demanding conformation from me?  As much as I know you are going to dislike this answer, I simply don't answer to you.

As I have said over and over.  This is a group that you opted into.  If you do not like the way the group is run you have options.  If you don't like people here, you have options.  This group has gotten along just fine for over two years.  I don't see any reason to change how it is run.

There have been many lively discussions on this board, I would imagine that there will be some more.  I mean just look at what is being tried right now.  The fact that the thread in question wasn't allowed to turn into a post reporting war, I think was a good thing.

I have this address bookmarked for the original Jewelry & Gemstone Discussion Group.  Perhaps you would be happier there?  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones/bd-p/232  If this address doesn't work for you, perhaps your friends at Lithium can help you get there.  Or you can call eBay, I have found them to be helpful in the past.

Hope you have a great day.  Smiley Happy

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Did you have a post in that thread pulled?  And since when does a Lithum mod tell anyone who pulled a thread or a post?  I mean if that is what they told you, why are you demanding conformation from me?  As much as I know you are going to dislike this answer, I simply don't answer to you.

As I have said over and over.  This is a group that you opted into.  If you do not like the way the group is run you have options.  If you don't like people here, you have options.  This group has gotten along just fine for over two years.  I don't see any reason to change how it is run.

There have been many lively discussions on this board, I would imagine that there will be some more.  I mean just look at what is being tried right now.  The fact that the thread in question wasn't allowed to turn into a post reporting war, I think was a good thing.

I have this address bookmarked for the original Jewelry & Gemstone Discussion Group.  Perhaps you would be happier there?  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones/bd-p/232  If this address doesn't work for you, perhaps your friends at Lithium can help you get there.  Or you can call eBay, I have found them to be helpful in the past.

Hope you have a great day.  Smiley Happy

I will first say,,,,,I  only came to this board to help, I have never started any trouble. I will say that if I have someone try to belittle me, I will get even. That said........

I will again repeat this,,,,,:"If anyone would like to see what the deleted post or what the Lithium Mod said in a PM,,,,please contact me via a regular Ebay board PM (the one you use to sell and buy on). I will be more than happy to forward or at least tell you how to find the original deleted thread...... 

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

You got to be careful of that getting even stuff ... sometimes it bites you in the butt.  I think it is called ... karma.

But since we are on the subject of "what i find odd" Smiley Happy I find it odd that you are so concerned about a thread that you didn't even start.  I would think that the one to have such an interest in when, how, and why a thread was pulled would be the original poster of that thread.  Guess it is more important to you than to them, why. I'm not sure but I find it odd.  Just saying.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

You got to be careful of that getting even stuff ... sometimes it bites you in the butt.  I think it is called ... karma.

But since we are on the subject of "what i find odd" Smiley Happy I find it odd that you are so concerned about a thread that you didn't even start.  I would think that the one to have such an interest in when, how, and why a thread was pulled would be the original poster of that thread.  Guess it is more important to you than to them, why. I'm not sure but I find it odd.  Just saying.

Karma scares me none. If karma is all i need to worry about,,,I am happy. 

I also invite anyone who would like to meet me in person to send me a PM for how to do so,,,, I work in a very public place that is jewelry based. I unlike others have no reason to hide behind a monitor and delete my meltdowns that make no sense.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

The only meltdown I've seen around here in a long time, is the one where a person seemed to be having a conversation with themselves.  Now personally I ask myself questions all the time and then answer them, just not on a public board while pretending to be someone else.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

The only meltdown I've seen around here in a long time, is the one where a person seemed to be having a conversation with themselves.  Now personally I ask myself questions all the time and then answer them, just not on a public board while pretending to be someone els

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

The only meltdown I've seen around here in a long time, is the one where a person seemed to be having a conversation with themselves.  Now personally I ask myself questions all the time and then answer them, just not on a public board while pretending to be someone else.  Smiley Wink

Have you ever thought of getting some help for your problem?

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@browndogsimmons_3 wrote:

I got your back bro.......

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@madjewelrydesign wrote:

@browndogsimmons_3 wrote:

I got your back bro.......

Now that would be talking to myself.......

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Good news for the rest of us...when a thread devolves to one person questioning another's psychological well being, it's usually near its end 😉  If I were browndog, I'd hang it up at this point. If I were Sandy, I'd stop taking the bait.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply