cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*****WEEK-END BLING*****

These are the pices I got this week.  Please remember not to post things that are already listed on eBay.

UB4357.jpg

UB4356.jpg

UB4358.jpg

All unsigned beauties. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: *****WEEK-END BLING*****

101_0051.JPG

North Attleboro - Riley & French propeller pin.  Some of the stones have gone dark, but it's 90 years old and allowed.  This isn't a weekend find, but I did find it again this weekend.:-) This weekend all I found was marked down cat food and coffee.

101_0079.JPG

I did find this during our snowstorm - hence the dark image.  This is Thelma the Jool Thief/KleptoKat staking her territory in my fabric hoard/stash.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I got a few mildly good ones this week at the local thrift.

First, we have a plique a jour and enamel turtle loupe necklace.  It's missing a single rhinestone but that's easily replaced.

IMG_2205.JPG

Next up is a sweet little turtle pin with a glass cab.

IMG_2230.JPG

Pendant/Brooch of filled gold by Antoinette.

IMG_2218.JPG

Two sets of glass clip earrings by unknown makers.

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." ~Nicola Tesla
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Rostov finist ring, earrings and bracelet.  Soviet era.

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

And then we have this.  I picked it up a thrift for $2.  After purchasing, I took it to my jeweler.  14k yellow gold, AA-AAA emeralds, four brilliant round diamonds, and the center stone is a mine cut diamond.

Appraisal price:  $2,800.

I do believe I'm keeping this one.

IMG_2172.JPG

Last but not least is this cameo set.  This was payment for some photographic work I did for said jeweler.  They were part of a Sotheby's lot.  Appraisal price:  $7,500.

IMG_2182.JPG

As I said...Decent week  😄

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." ~Nicola Tesla
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I went to numerous church bazaars  and am pretty pooped, been out since 7Am.

Sterling brooches, including Danecraft.  My favourite is the mouse with the marcasites and little garnet eyes in the middle.

002.JPG

Assorted necklaces, including nice vintage black Italian wedding cake? beads, and a  turquoise and sterling necklace and bracelet, ho-hum Polish amber and sterling necklace.

009.JPG

Bracelets, all sterling except for the King Tut one which is costume.The one with the Mabe pearl and gemstones has English sterling import marks.

011.JPG

Gold items ... heavy (25 grams) 14k necklace, 10k bee brooch with little diamonds, 14k pearl earrings and 10k cufflinks

017.JPG

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Arlene - quite a haul of Gold at those church bazaars! (Not to mention all those other pretties). You made out like a pirate, matey!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

And Ms Thornes, I see you pirated some gold and treasure as well! I'm always amazed at the treasures to be found out there.

As I've said before, this is my fav thread, love to see all the bling you all post. Good work again this week! Me, I've been working at abstaining from sales until I get some stuff sold; having withdrawal pains though.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Oh wow what a find that emerald and diamond ring!! Love love love that cameo set!!!!
Nothing is impossible for God.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Wow, congratulations all! Lovely ring and cameos Arlene!
Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I tried to take some pictures to post but I have to have daylight to get any half decent pictures to even just post in a thread. 

Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Thorns that is a fantastic ring.

Diane, some days the bazaars are really good, mostly not ...but yesterday was just a lucky day, I guess. More often than not  I just come home with baked goods that gives one the trots, LOL, or is thrown out after one bite. But all for a good cause.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Dang!  Ya`ll got some good church sales!   Mostly all I see are crafts, food, clothes & toys  lol 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Yes, you guys did good.. I like all of it.. rings and things..Love the jeweled Butterfly!!!

I found this thing in my stuff and not sure what it is. material wise..

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I agree Rain, that is one lovely jeweled butterfly of Sandy's.

I want to share something about the blister pearl (I called it Mabe Pearl by mistake yesterday) and gemstone sterling bracelet I found yesterday. 

It's marked 925 India on the back and that almost made me hesitate to buy it  .. priced at only $5 at a bazaar of course  it made me wonder if it was a fake. I avoid items only  marked 925  lacking a proper maker's mark ....and don't trust India as a stamp.

Then I saw the import marks on the piece. The sideways anchor indicates Birmingham.

Doing research today I discovered that  "The English import mark  is often placed on the last loop for bracelets and necklaces, on or near the bale loop on pendants, on posts or the loop for hooks on earrings, on the back of rings.

It's a tiny, tiny stamp ... measuring only 0.75 mm, so you need hawk eyes to see it! LOL

But these tiny marks  add reassurance to items that could leave you wondering, so whip out your loupe and check the last loop! .

013.JPG

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Wish I found such nice stuff at flea markets and church sales.

Here's some beads I have in my things.

Nolan Miller

WP_20141130_001.jpg

Joan Rivers

WP_20141130_004.jpg

Monet and the.Brown beads unmarked

WP_20141130_003.jpg

Message 15 of 16
latest reply