cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Pin/Brooch - Who?

I just bought this and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what manufacturer used stones with mirrored backs? Or if you recognize the contruction?

The clasp is attched by rivet to a metal projection from the frame of the large stone.

I'm not postive the stones are glass but the flowers feel cool to the touch at room temp.

It measures 2.5" x 2.25".

I apologize for the crummy pictures - it's the best my tablet can do. The camera that I wanted to use needed fresh batteries (of course) and I didn't feel like fooling around with them at the moment. I couldn't find the AC adaptor quickly either (of course).

The yellow thing is a rubber band I used as a crude way to hold the pin in a vertical position for photographing. 

Pink Pin Back photo IMG_20160202_104934_zpsel106myc.jpgPink Pin Front photo IMG_20160202_105025_zpscskg8bh3.jpg
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I cant help wiht a maker but whenever I see the bright silver backs on stones I think a modern piece, so maybe try in that direction?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you, I will rearch mirror-back stones. It could be new, I had not thought of that. It sorta' had that "granny" look about it (in my view) but it could definitely be new. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply