cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsigned Beauty Unusual Dragons Breath Rhinestone Set

Any information on this set would be appreciated. Sorry about the sideways pictures. I edited them in other direction with no luck. Bright goldtone metal, all prong set, unusual clamper design. Amazing colors, dragon breath, turquoise, lilac, baby blue and pearl wow! It is in fabulous condition.  After some research it seems like an unsigned beauty. If I had to guess a designer for fun it would be Hattie Carnegie. Also, the age of the set. It seems more 70's early 80's to me.  Thanks in advance for any comments. 

20221010_150523 (2).jpg20221010_151219 (2).jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Unsigned Beauty Unusual Dragons Breath Rhinestone Set

"I wonder how the seller is confident of the attribution? "UNSIGNED HATTIE CARNEGIE Dragon's Breath Large Rhinestone Art Glass Bracelet"

That is why I believe it is important to state why a piece is either Verified, which it can be by a number of ways, or why you attribute a piece to a specific designer.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I agree with Sandy.  For the longest time it was 'Verifed Julianna' with no evidence..now that Schreiner pcs are soaring..it`s the same with them.  "Unsigned but verified'  Proceed with caution, always.  😉

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Comments lead me to think that posting anything but definitive or concrete evidence is to be discouraged. I am okay with that. I certainly did not mean to do more than point out construction similarities. If it looked like I was encouraging fraudulent behaviour I will be more careful with the information I post in the future.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I found the link of the clamper helpful but would never assume this set is unsigned anyone without proper verification of exact same item signed. I intend to list as Unsigned Designer Quality. The use of the word dragons breath alone should attract some collector interest.  Thanks again!

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

As a Canadian I absolutely have NO access to some listings and information which is readily available to American Members. All I can offer in the way of information is the limited amount I can find and the method I use to research.

I lean to matching construction. Like how the round and navette stones travel around and terminate at the back of the hinged cuff bracelet. I have not found any other signed pieces that do that.

I also noticed that the trifari dot com bracelet mark was mostly hidden while the matching earrings on the site were unsigned. There are a lot of the same trifari dot com earrings listed on ebay with various style clips and marks.

This might mean since clips can be easily exchanged that evidence is suspect.

Combine this with the cups and stones used being consistent with HC. 

If this means nothing and are only my using justifications. I will accept that.

Maybe a signed brooch that is part of the set posted in the OP could help but I have not found one.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I accept that none of my posts to this Topic had any value.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Not hardly, OCN.  Comments can and should be used as a starting point for research.  Research will sometimes lead you to the maker.  Sometimes no matter what you do or how long you look it simply ends up being an unsigned beauty.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I thought they were helpful and gave some good starting points.  Don't know why you would dismiss them.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I was able to find a few listings on Worthpoint that were interesting. There is an unsigned clamper of the same type and earring set from 2013 with this description I have below.  

This is a Magnificent Vintage Designer Quality Costume Jewelry Bracelet & Earring Set! Straight from the 1950sera of Masterpiece Costume Jewelry Design, this Beautiful Estate Set exhibits the fine characteristics and styling of Hattie Carnegie's high-quality jewelry of that Era. The set utilizes Gorgeous turquoise art glass cabochons which were seen in pieces produced by Carnegie, Schreiner and Schauer jewelry from this period. Although unsigned, it is attributed to Carnegie , due to the construction of the pieces, use of stones, and most particularly the design and construction of the bracelet, which is seen on signed and unsigned Carnegie pieces. I have a completely identical set using different colored stones (blue and purple) also from this same estate, which is signed " Hattie Carnegie " in script on one of the earrings only. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@flipping_treasures wrote:

Not hardly, OCN.  Comments can and should be used as a starting point for research.  Research will sometimes lead you to the maker.  Sometimes no matter what you do or how long you look it simply ends up being an unsigned beauty.

I guess I should not be applying the same protocols that are accepted when dealing with D&E jewelry to deal with companies that are historically inconsistent in marking their pieces.

Even though I do my best to prefix my comments it seems that only makes my comments subject to being identified as impeachable and therefore less than helpful. This on top of the fact that maybe historically some people see what they want regardless of how it is presented.

Constantly going in circles is less than reassuring in the quality of ones contributions.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply