cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think this is Coro?

I opened the lid of my poor neglected repair bin and before slamming it shut I spotted this brooch.  It has the look of Coro to me, but I just went through all 21 pages on the Patent site and although I saw similar pieces, I didn't see this exact one.  Heavily plated.  No markings showing through.  It only needs a couple tiny RS replacements.  Does anyone else see Coro here?

coropin1.jpg

coropin2.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Think this is Coro?

Yes! It reminds me of the Carmen Miranda bracelet. It's a beauty!

Have a Blingful Day!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, Freddy!  I took a look at a couple Coro Carmen Miranda bracelets and see what you mean about the similarity.  That was helpful!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sorry I can't help much except to say it does look like Coro . They always do such unique plants and flowers . I'm curious ...What do you think this one is ? It's very pretty and unique .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, mermaid!  Good question about the type of flower.  I know it looks nothing like a bellflower, but that's what my mind wants to call it.  LOL!  Do you have any guesses?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Wow this is a tough one . I'm thinking still . What color are the centers ? Burgundy ? Purple ? Red ? Brown ? A mix ?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

A nice deep red.  They may just be stylized like a lot of Coro flowers.  Thanks for thinking about it Smiley Happy.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Stylized, I think probably so too. What they most resemble to me are not flowers at all, but the fruits of of Taxus canadensis - with a very generous license on the colors, accompanying leaf type, etc. They weren't the only ones, but Coro surely did have some wonderfully imaginative designers. I think that's what I like about them so much.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, volemus!  I agree completely!  Those were quickie pics.  I'll do better once I list it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply