cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I sell the broken clip earring with the bracelet or bracelet alone?

Finally making time to sort out all the auction estate sale finds I was at in December and wondering if I should sell this as a set or sell the bracelet alone.  One of the clip earrings - the clip is totally gone.  So one is OK and other broken.  Could make it into a pendant or sell bracelet alone.  Advice please!  Big thank you for the help all of you give me!  (I love mesh jewelry.) Had to buy this even with the earring broken.)  Maybe I should keep for myself.IMG_8146.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can't see the back of the other earring so don't know if it can be repaired or just needs the clip replaced.  If it just needs the clip replaced, that is an easy fix.  Besides, I believe I would want the extras for maybe a replacement part, just in case of loss, or as you said, pendant.

Carolyn

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Might depend on if pieces are signed? Pearls are hard to match if one gets lost so a spare might be handy to have. If not signed the earrings could go in a lot which would interest wedding bouquet designers.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Think I would include the earrings with the bracelet.  Remember, one clip earring can be worn in many ways ... dress clip, clip on a pocket, worn in the hair, worn on a collar, scarf clip ... lots of different ways.  Having the broken one, just allows for repairs if needed.  Also the broken one could be attached to a purse, a blouse, or any number of other things that could be worn with the bracelet.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I would definitely include the earrings. I've always hated breaking up a set of anything that's vintage or antique. I mean, if they've survived all those years together...they're a family, right?

I imagine the earring back is an easy fix? Some good glue, a Dremel perhaps, and a replacement back.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply