cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratch Secret Santa - WHITE ELEPHANT EXCHANGE - Everybody is invited!

So I saw the hint, hint.  Since I just got back from my big obligation for the summer and know that many are dealing with outside eBay life situations, I thought I would get an idea of how many want to do it this year?

I will host it, unless I can get a volunteer, lol.  I am open to suggestions.  We can do it for a end of July reveal.  If we start now, that gives us plenty of time to get ready.  

What do you think?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

50-easy-and-creative-elf-on-the-shelf-ideas-with-pictures---raining-hot-coupons

Hope you don't mind that I cool off while taking names.  So far we have ......

flipping_treasures
mforjan 
theshoppingmom2 
scifidaughter64 
gauntlettgems 
1940fc 
bat197
evelyb30 
thirry 
Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 16 of 65
latest reply

I'm going to be a sideline spectator and enjoy the show while I'm cooking up another contest Smiley Wink.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 17 of 65
latest reply

TIME LINE:

I will take names for those that want to participate in the August Secret Santa until July 14th.  Please send mailing info to me by the board's private messenger after submitting your name.

I will start a likes and dislikes thread on July 15th.

I will send you your giftee's name by July 16th through the board.s private messenger.

Mail out to your giftee by August 4th.

Reveal on August 18th.

If this meets with everyone's approval.  If not let me know what would work better.

Remember the gifts don't need to be expensive.  After all, we are experienced bargain hunters!

il_570xN.830604886_ph0y

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

Sounds good to me!  

For any newbies joining.. This is just our simple  Secret Santa thing..not like our 'go all out' Secret Santa in Dec right?  Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Right.  This is just a little distraction during the hot, HOT summer.  

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

Elf-on-the-Shelf-Writing-List-EN15015

Making my list checking it twice .... and all that.

The list of participants ... so far.

* denotes I have mailing info.

flipping_treasures *
mforjan  *
theshoppingmom2 
scifidaughter64 
gauntlettgems 
1940fc 
bat197
evelyb30 *
thirry * 
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

So I was thinking ... which always gets me in to trouble.  Since we will be doing our big Annual Secret Santa starting probably around October, why don't we make this a White Elephant Exchange?

For those that don't know what that is:

White elephant gift exchange where we choose a wacky, funny or entertaining gift can be previously owned or something you just ran across.  So just one gift.  With a funny fun theme.  

What do you all think?  We use to do a White Elephant Christmas exchange in July back in Iowa and it was a blast.  The wacker the better.  We even had a paper mache dinosour that stood about 4 feet tall that was exchanged every year. Who ever ended up with that had to add something new to it every year in order to exchange it.  Don't ask where the baby bottle ended up!  

So what do you all think?  So far these are the people that have signed up for the exchange so if we all agree we can do this crazy thing.

* denotes mailing info received.

flipping_treasures *
mforjan  *
theshoppingmom2 
scifidaughter64 *
gauntlettgems 
1940fc *
bat197
evelyb30 *
thirry * 
Message 22 of 65
latest reply

Interesting! I did the white elephant exchange a couple of times in Charlotte and it was always a lot of fun. I'm *supposed* to get to go to a couple of thrift shops today (hah! I'll walk if I have to!). Those can be sources of odd things 🙂

What do the rest of you all think?

A.

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

Sounds good to me.
Message 24 of 65
latest reply

I love it!!!!!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 25 of 65
latest reply

I am in!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 26 of 65
latest reply

SORRY!

One of the board members PM me and asked that their name be removed from this White Elephant get together.  They also asked that I remove the post they had written to say they were in.  I tried to remove just their post ... but apparently it removed the posts that were beneath it too.  So if your post was removed, sorry.  This is the current list I have to participate in the White Elephant Gift Exchange;  * denotes I have your mailing info.

flipping_treasures *
mforjan  *
theshoppingmom2 *
scifidaughter64 *
gauntlettgems 
1940fc *
bat197 *
evelyb30 *
thirry * 
tbearsgirl *
oncoyotemountainart 
Message 27 of 65
latest reply

Cool beans. I’ll PM U
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 28 of 65
latest reply

Got it!

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

So once again .... we have put the elf back on the shelf until the big Secret Santa at Christmas. 

Mean time this guy is taking over....

White-Elephant-Gift-Exchange 

The rules are very simple.

Start looking for 1 gift.  Should be something whacky, fun,  or unusual, or all three.  It can be, but doesn't need to be useful.  It can be something either old or new ... no sheds, please, but bird cages are OK.  LOL

We will keep the same time line ... except there will be no likes or dislikes for this exchange.

•  I will take names for participants until July 14th.
  • I will send gifters the name and address of their giftee on July 16th.
  • Gifts to be mailed out by August 4th.
  • Reveal on August 18th.

Threats of what you might give as a gift is welcome.  Remember, nothing alive and no explosives.

Message 30 of 65
latest reply