cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saturday Lights (off) - post your pix for the Ugly Stick Victim auctions here!

Pictures of your sillies, or the ugly stick beating death victims.  Things that should never have seen the light of day, or any light at all.  Things that make you wonder why someone bothered.  Has it become even worse with age?  Did the Fairy of Misfortune give it a christening gift?  Post its picture here!

Even if you're not in the contest, whose prize is bragging (or cringeing) rights, if you've got a plug-ugly piece that's not jewelry this is where it goes.

I'll start off with my candidate - if you think it's bad in the pictures, it's worse in person:

101_0055.JPG

The thing looks distinctly like some surgical photos I've seen of noncancerous growths.(LOL)  With warts. It's the right color too. Technically it's pretty good but ... dang.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

arlene a broken toe is just wretched, can't really do anything much for it just stay off your foot as much as you can...

I am praying that your friend will be all right... God is merciful.

mforjan's picture(postcard?) has a bid...poor ugly demented teddy has a bid & it is someone from the jewelry board, maybe if she sees this she will out herself (& teddy has 8 watchers)

Message 61 of 101
latest reply

Nope, not a postcard, it is an original B&W photo I took 30 years ago of a bar near where my then future inlaws lived Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 101
latest reply

And now the vase has a bid too.  It's going to be fun packing it.  Not.  On the downside, I found a leak under my kitchen sink down in the basement. One more thing to spend money on come Monday.(sigh)

Message 63 of 101
latest reply

Thanks so much Shad and Dream ..  my friend is resting and recovering,  she's in a Coronary Care Unit at one of the top Cardiac Institutes in Canada, receiving excellent care, and might be able to have visitors this weekend if all goes well. 

Gosh, quite a few of us are  having a rough week here. 

PLEASE let things improve. LOL, they have to ..who knows, maybe there will be a few bidding wars for our UGLIES??? Yeah. 

Message 64 of 101
latest reply

mforjan I thought your pic was a funny souvenir postcard, you really have to look closely to see what's on the pole...

thank God for good hospitals arlene (p.s. how's the toe? ouch)

tex's basement gets flooded & evelyb30 has a leak in her basement sinkSmiley Frustrated

there are no basements here where I live in between Houston & Galveston (La Porte)

It has been a rough week...my 9yr. old cat is nowhere to be found, he's been missing since yesterday & of course the Animal Control dept. is closed today....Smiley Sad

Message 65 of 101
latest reply

We are expecting the hurricane soon. Luckily is is going to be far enough out to sea that we will be spared the worst of it! We should get lots of rain, which we need, and some winds but nothing too bad.

So sorry to hear about everyone's problems, our little storm seems like nothing by comparison 😞
Message 66 of 101
latest reply

It's rained all day here too.  Louise queen of Lemmeout ran out in it, why I'll never know.  We're getting the outer rain bands of the hurricane but that's about it. Not even wind, just rain.  We got the thunderstorms and power outages last night instead.  DIfferent storm; God set off a good fireworks display.

Message 67 of 101
latest reply

aw im sad to hear of all the bad news. Shaduh your cat will come back, they are resilient beasts! Rub your demantoid teddys belly for luck! I bet it will work lol

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 68 of 101
latest reply

I sure hope so cleio...I'm not usually a cat person, but I am just crazy for this one...he adopted me, as a matter-of-fact he insisted that he lives here...

I'll check with Animal Control in the morning...

fingers crossed & knock wood...

but just in case I rubbed demantoid teddy's belly!

Message 69 of 101
latest reply

Add me to those having a rough week! I just got home and it was a very long, tiring drive. My MIL is ok thank goodness but I feel like I can't move after such a long time in the car. Sorry to hear about everyone's problems, we ran into some pretty severe weather on the way out and I can also relate to having a friend with cancer. I have lost three wonderful women friends to cancer. I hope that all goes well for everyone.

On a more cheerful note, I came in and rushed to read this topic!! Smiley Very Happy I am going to have to check out the auctions!

Message 70 of 101
latest reply

I'm sure your kitty will turn up, Shaduh.  About 6 years ago, I moved 20 miles away from where I previously lived.  I had two cats at the time.  We were in the new place for only one night when one of them disappeared.  She was gone for 5 months and I had given up on ever finding  her.  How would she find her way back after only one night in the new place and after all that time missing?  You guessed it.  She showed up a little worse for wear but it was just like those movies like "The Incredible Journey."  To this day, she is still alive at age 17.  I believe she went back to the old place and when she didn't find me there, she somehow found this place again.  It's an amazing story, and I hope that happens with your kitty, except for not that long.

Well, I have a bid, darn it.  I was hoping not to ship that thing but hey, it might be my only sale this week Smiley Very Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 71 of 101
latest reply

thanks to everyone for the encouraging words...

I'm still looking for him & expecting him back home...

....back to count-down for the Ugly Stick auctionsSmiley Happy

Message 72 of 101
latest reply

Shad, I hope your cat has found his way home overnight ...maybe he got locked in someone's garage who is away for a few days for the long weekend? Anyway, hope to read he is home soon! We do love our little beasties and worry about them ..... so I know how you feel right now. 

Dixie, glad you're back, and your MIL is ok.

I want to say thanks for the good vibes and prayers for my dear friend who phoned me from her  hospital bed yesterday afternoon, and her first words to me were "if you go to any sales this weekend without me I will kill you" ...ahhhhhh, she's better!!!  She's going home this afternoon. We always go to the sales together,  so I am going to miss her this morning. (Broken toe and all I am still going to an estate sale Smiley Very Happy)

When I get in later, I hope to read on this thread that kitty is home, the auctions are soaring,  the weather is better,  the sun is shining and that everyone has found great items at sales and auctions. 

Message 73 of 101
latest reply

No kitty (his name is screaming me-me, we call him me-me) but everyone in my neighborhood is looking for him...I'm still very hopeful, he is a survivor...

Message 74 of 101
latest reply

I and my two kitties are keeping our paws crossed!
Message 75 of 101
latest reply