cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPTEMBER is Here.. Let`s Dish!!

For all the Autumn lovers... September is finally here..summer is winding down &  fall is just around the corner! Cat Very Happy 

Come on in, kick up your feet & take a load off.  Chat about whatever`s on your mind. 

september-month-owls.png

My fav month..cause I`m a

september_baby.gif

Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 145
latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

Re: SEPTEMBER is Here.. Let`s Dish!!

No idea why,  but I have been seeing that infernal spinning circle again for awhile now, peach (have had it before too) ....enuff to drive ya batty sometimes! 

If you are using Ebays SYI..I have found that when it starts spinning & won`t stop..I just scroll on down like I am finished ..go on to next page & then hit Edit This Listing. It takes me back to previous page & the spinning stops. Is aggravating I know. 

Message 136 of 145
latest reply

Mornin 🙂

Wavs~~~~at Helen good to see ya !!!!

What a beautiful evening it twas last night, we watched the moon eclipse was awesome!

Sarah, that sweater screams your name. Just in time for the fall weather too.

Never seen that spinning circle thingy,,,but sure have had a heck of a time signing in as of late. I have had to go back a few times and edit things I have not selected that they thought I shoud use. That new feature,,,change your price and sell for less as suggested does not work,,heck I wasn't even getting lookers. They must be working on things again,,oh no ,,,here we go again 😞

Well never did get the fruit leather made. Was just about to start when my neighbor called and said we got your tree ready. She gifted me a catalpa tree and we wanted to get it planted right away so we did that instead. I know this sounds funny but I name my trees,,,I have Henry a silver maple I planted earlier this year, so her DH named this one Katie. Maybe in a few summers we will actually have some shade in the back yard.

Well best get back to my "stuff" why is there always so much to do???

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 137 of 145
latest reply

B4B glad to hear buddy's doing good, so far!! YAY!! I love having a big deep freezer and we've now got an upright one too! (bff and I split it...but it's at my house, lol). I wish I could find chicken on sale, other then thighs and drumsticks..hubby likes breasts and that's it. I can use thighs to shred to put in stuff, but he still prefers chicken breast only.

Regarding turkey burger, 1sthubby brought home 10 damaged cases one time. I made everything with turkey burger for a long time. I'm pretty sure we even had actual turkey burgers once! LOL When I make sketti I don't make meatballs, I just crumble browned burger into the sauce and mix with noodles. That helped hide the turkey-ness of it. It was pretty dry tho! I'd say you could mix it with other burger and it would be better!

We had a surprise b'day party for my good friend this weekend. It was a good time! We took her out for lunch then we went and got our nails done. I got shelac (sp?) and it's lasting a heck of a lot longer then regular polish ever has! So I'm quite impressed. I did find a gel top coat at walmart and I got some to see if I can get the same results at home (for way cheaper! LOL)

Deer (bow) season starts Thursday. Yay. We're about out of deer meat! I'm not as excited as some people are. I'll be really excited when Thursday nite rolls around and there are three dead deer in my garage!

My lil man is not so little anymore 😞 but he's still cute as a button 🙂

bandit on stool.jpg

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 138 of 145
latest reply

Very cute kitty!   

First time in about 5 days the sun is out.  Everything is so soggy outside.  We are supposed to get more rain every day until Saturday.  I see on the news that they are expecting flooding in many places north of GA so i should count my blessings.

I got a package of 12 turkey burgers from Costco and they are really good.  Especially when I doctor them up with McCormick's Steakhouse Onion or Hamburger Seasoning.  I won't buy anything but the 97% lean turkey because there is something in the texture of the everyday turkey that I don't like.

Steam cleaned the kitchen floor today and would have vaccumed the carpet except DH kept falling asleep on me at various times.  So will try to get that done and the bathrooms tomorrow.  My life is so lively.  LOL 

Message 139 of 145
latest reply

Awwww what  a handsome feller there, frogi!! 

Uh,,you can have my portion of venison..try as I might..just can`t handle it.  But I know many peeps that really do enjoy it.   Cat Very Happy

I hear ya on the soggy soggy, peach..sun actually is peeping out here right now!  

I feel like I need to WD-40 my joints.  lol  Limbs all over the yard & needs mowing,  but too dang wet to do anything about it  now.

Message 140 of 145
latest reply

When ya can`t find your cat. anywhere.........

Look up!

DSCN8649.JPG

Message 141 of 145
latest reply

Sarah, how have you had deer prepared? If it's not cooked correctly, it's not gonna taste good (same as pretty much anything! LOL)

We have fooled a lot of people over the years (the biggest one is hubby's daughter....she eats deer every time she's here...she just doesn't know it! LMAO)

He's such a handsome lil boy...who's not so lil anymore...he turned 6 months old today...Cricket turned a year at the end of May. Bandit is as long as she is, but lacks about 3/4 of an inch to being as tall as her. His feet are twice the size of hers. OMG. When we brough bandit home, hubby kept saying Cricket is so big. I said you wait until lil man's fully grown...she'll be tiny again 🙂 LOL He's gonna be such a big bogy!

I can't remember what kind of turkey burger it was, actually, it's been probly 9 or 10 year since Clark brough it home, lol. I do know that we liked it for the most part, but it didn't make very good actual burgers...and was made a pretty dry meatloaf. 

I found a recipe online for stove top pizza, but it doesn't tell me what temp to cook it on. So I don't know if we'll ever try it! But I want too! I also found a recipe for pizza in a cast iron skillet. It's fairly easy as well, but they had store bought dough, and I've never seen store bought dough, unless it was loafs of bread!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 142 of 145
latest reply

Alas, I`ve tried it several way..ground, in soup & as sausage..guess my taste buds just aint geared for it  LOL

Got any recent pics of Cricket? 

Message 143 of 145
latest reply

Only time I can remember eating venison was in chili that one of DH's co-workers gave us (he hunts and does chili cook-offs). I really didn't notice anything about the meat. I also sometimes use turkey in chili, usually the dark meat from Thanksgiving.

flotsamlogo
Message 144 of 145
latest reply

Mornin 🙂

Wow it's amazing how fast they grow Freddi !!! Such beautiful markings on your baby.

Sarah, I agree with you Venison is just a wee bit too good for me also, not that I eat meat anyway. I have tasted it while cooking it in wine and I sure could taste that wild taste.

I think it's an acquired taste.

Thought of you when I seen this:

peek.jpg

So DH went to the grand opening of that store that was giving out 50.00 in free groceries yesterday. Left at 3am they opened at 7am when he got there, some people were already waiting since 9:30 the night before. What a huge disappointment for him, prolly a bigger one for the ones waiting from the night before.

The "free" groceries was nothing but some bags of organic tater chips, popcorn, 2 single teabags, a pineapple, a tub of spring greens that were wilted and a box of puffed wheat cereal. I guess the way we shop 50 bucks in groceries usually gets us 4-5 bags of groceries at Aldi's or Cub foods, of course using coupons helps. But I was assuming "groceries"  actually meant food not snacks. I like the reusable bag they gave out 🙂

K , so we've been getting real chilly here now, mornings are in the 40's and the days are only getting into the 60's. I guess I shouldn't complain, my BIL in Alaska had snow yesterday. So I 've been out pulling some more of the garden, only thing left is green peppers, they are small so I'll dry them.

Gonna try some turkey and bacon mixed together and see how that tastes...

Got the inspectors coming on Monday to inspect the furnace installation and then they can hand the file over to the insulators,,,I hope they get it done soon.

Monday will be the trial for Buddy on the xanax and people visiting hope this works for him. He seemed to fair well when he took just one on Sunday,,not too sleepy and he didn't seize so at least he can tolerate it.

K off to do whateva it is I do......cya's have a wonderful day everyone 🙂

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 145 of 145
latest reply