cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPTEMBER CHAT...Fall Is In The Air?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/a6/49/9d/a6499decda2737e254d3ac1a4e808828.jpg

Pull up a chair and chat awhile!  You'll find some spiced apple cider

http://urbanbohemian.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mulled_cider_03.jpg

And some apple crumb cake

http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DSC_0039.jpg

To get you in the right mood for the coming of fall!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Hard to believe isn`t it?? Cat Surprised

Thanks for the new chat, Sandy!

images-animated-gif.blogspot.com.gif

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 66
latest reply

I'm not ready, really I'm not, please, please turn the calender back to July!!!

fall.jpg

Message 3 of 66
latest reply

thanks for starting this thread  🙂

getting ready for ....just in case   ....Hermine.....sounds designer...lol

have missed everybody terribly but am finally getting where i want to go????   that sound right

reading some of last months thread...{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SANDY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

dont overstress yourself...easier said than done....

Sarah....you ever overstock with that canning....????!!!!......and i dont have a basement for it

WAVES TO EVERYBODY

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 4 of 66
latest reply

September greetings to all!  What a difference a day makes.  Woke up this morning to a cool breeze coming through the bedroom windows.  I must admit, I don't like fall so much.  Living in the country, fall brings in the mice and spiders.  Our Jack Russell, Gidget, finally caught the mouse that was driving her crazy for 3 days.  About time she earns her keep.  Smiley Very Happy And I killed a scary large spider last night.  Going to town for bug spray right after I set some mouse traps. Yuck. Already noticing it's getting dark sooner so need to drag the ladder out to check the batteries in the motion sensor lights on the garage.  Otherwise, I'll be letting the dogs out in the dark.  They don't like the dark or wet grass or cold weather. 

Going to the camp site this weekend to visit our big kids.  We rarely see them since they all have campers and a camp site close enough to go every weekend. 3 birthdays this month, daugher, SIL and a grandson.  Scored a 5 gallon crock and an Aladdin oil lamp for daughter's birthday.  She isn't getting the lamp just yet.  With her rowdy boys, it's sure to be broken so I'll hang onto it for now.  Makes me giddy that she likes the old stuff.  One of the grandsons turns 8 and the daughter is planning his party for next weekend.  Batman will be in attendance!

Hope all your home renovations and canning are coming to an end so you can enjoy the fall festivals and hot cider! 

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

In less than 24 hours we will be on our way to the Ozarks! WHOOHOO FOR A WHOLE WEEK! 

We have a time share down there. Actually my BFF and her husband have one too, and this is actually their week. They go in July on our week! It's just how everything worked out, lol. We'd like to go for two full weeks each year, but simply don't have the time or the money to go that long 😞 maybe someday tho! LOL

We stay in bascially what is a two bedroom apartment. We have a couple of friends coming to stay with us this weekend, then we're on our own from Tuesday to Saturday, unless my mom changes her mind and her and my stepdad come down for a couple of days!

I cannot wait. I'm going to enjoy this time off from work and worries and all of that!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day weekend! enjoy this last little bit of the summer!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 6 of 66
latest reply

Yum!  Just took my homemade salami/summer sausage up..it smells wonderful!

Can hardly wait to taste it..has been years since I made it! 

DSCN0964.JPG

Fredi..hop you have a wonderful & much deserved vacation!!  Don`t give us another thought   LOL 

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

Howdy all!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 66
latest reply

sunny and rain drying up.......

hard to believe labor day is already here

quick drop in 

Waves to Everybody!

🙂

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 9 of 66
latest reply

Looks like everyone is pretty busy this weekend or they are just laying low and relaxing. 

Waves at all, hope you are having a great time.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 66
latest reply

Morning all & Happy Labor Day!!

T`s working today..and I`m canning slaw & making jerky..so guess I`m 'laboring' also

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Hello friends , 

Well last night was my last night for the season in my restaurant job and boy did it ever end with a bang. The inlet was hopping for Labor Day weekend ! It feels so good not to have to go in tonight. It was hard to wait tables after a 2 year break , but I found my stride . The owner and one of the managers told me I had the highest sales for this summer and asked me to come back next summer. As much as I'm ready to relax and move on to the next phase of this year , I will miss my restaurant family. It was a great year ! 

Sooooo even though I have kept up with the boards behind the scenes , now I will have more time to stop in and chat . 

Waving at everyone ! Happy , happy Labor Day ! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

I hope I don't get in trouble for asking this here but.....

Anyone else notice that using the calculate shipping method is not collecting enough postage to cover costs?

I asked in one other place and I am waiting to hear what anyone has to say but something has changed.............
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 66
latest reply

Hi there jewelry buddies 🙂 

Well I "think" life is calming down some, I am anyway. Been a long hot summer with lotsa work and termoils.

I'm suppose to go gleaning for the food shelf but thinking I may pass on that. My home needs to be put back together before the snow flies so I best keep me butt at home.

I've been missing the chats and all the goings on in your lives but think about ya'll all the time.

Sandy, Thanks for the chat maybe I'll get here this month, hope things have settle down for dear hubby, got new herbs for the mojo,,so I'll be mixing 🙂

Sarah,,,I'm coming to your house when the world explodes,,,you got FOOD !!!! tween the two of us, I bet we could feed the whole jewelry group !!

I'll be back after I try to catch up ......hugz to you all ((((((Buddies)))))

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 14 of 66
latest reply

Gauntlett--I haven't noticed it before but I have one item that weighs between 6-7 lbs and the calculator is about $8 less than USPS says the postage will be--what's going on???

Karen

Message 15 of 66
latest reply