cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me with dress clips

I bought these described as shoe clips, but I am pretty sure they are dress clips.  I would appreciate any information as to maker, country or dating.  Thank you for looking.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Please help me with dress clips

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I always think of dress clips from the 40-`s into late 50`s or maybe very early 60`s (when peeps stopped dressing up so much lol) 

I would guess 40-`s- early 50`s on these..but just a guess 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yup, they're definitely dress clips - shoe clips are short and stubby. Not good at dating, but one generally thinks of dress clips as pre-WWII, as by the time the war ended styles had changed radically.

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

And no, by the 50s dress clips were definitely out of style. You don't see them in jewelry ads and most had been relegated to the bottom of the jewelry box or the box for "granddaughter play dress-up with."

flotsamlogo
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Once again, great information.  Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

a lot of metal types were not used for jewelry during the war, so I second pre WWII, or just after

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi,

Dress clips are basically from 1930's and into the '40's. I love them and wear them alot----you might want to clean the back to see if there are any marks and because jewelry should be clean----

Regards,

Pat Seal

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks

Message 8 of 8
latest reply