cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID earrings and a bracelet

Can anyone tell me anything about these? I'm thinking paste and or Marcasite & older. The earrings with holes in the backs have dangling, what feels like to me, a glass bead. Part of the clasp on the bracelet is broken and gone...Should I list this as repair? Any information - terminology, decade, style, fun facts, whatever = good. TIA

Rebecca

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

"Glass stone" earrings...

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Heart bracelet

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Possible Marcasite earrings

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Sorry for all the posts ..I'm on my phone and I can only upload one at a time. One more...The mesh bracelet...

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@rebeccahc79 wrote:

Possible Marcasite earrings

I would say that these are paste earrings, not marcasite.

They have a French look, but without marks it is hard to pin down origin.

I would say they are from the 1900-1920 period. Very much in the "belle epoque" style.  Edwardian.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thanks arlene_v! Do you have an idea on the stones/glass? Do you have any ideas on the others?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The gold tone ones with the crystals are a mystery. The pierced finding  looks  more recent than the other pair of earrings.

Sorry can't help at all with the broken bracelet. I tend to test almost everything that I am not sure about, so if this were me I'd test the metal on that one.

I'd list the French looking paste earrings separately. But if they are missing many stones maybe not. I can't see too much in the pics unfortunately. But they are quite nice. Maybe list both pairs in  a lot of earrings? Gosh I just seem to be "typing aloud here" sorry about that!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The gold earrings don't quite make sense.  Why is there a loop on the top of the earring?  Also the bead cap that was used on the large clear faceted bead is more modern.  It's possible someone added the large bead later?  Actually now that I look at that bead it is more modern too with softer rounded facets. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The two pairs of earrings are both "marriages".  They both appear to have been made from separate findings.  The goldtone pair looks like parts from 3 different items (top is obviously from something else) and the dangles most likely an addition as well.  The silvertone pair looks like the top is from a different pair of earrings as well.  The bottom of that pair is relatively modern.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

No apologies needed. I REALLY appreciate the help! I've looked up belle epoque earrings and I agree, they do look like they're from that era. The others are still a mystery to me as well. I think it'd be best if I took these to a jeweler. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I noticed the hook as well..these are confusing!! 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

What's a "marriage"? Basically they're different parts of earrings made into one? I don't believe they're all additions but I could very well be wrong. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

on the goldtone ones the loop at the top what I think the loop could be for is to hold another set of beads like at the bottom? I am just guessing though

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Maybe? I'm still lost on these. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply